• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Black Clover Anime Series Starting in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkerllyFC07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:44 am Reply with quote
^ I should´ve make clear that my post is directed to everyone, not you in specific. Sorry for not doing that before.
LuluTheOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:49 am Reply with quote
SkerllyFC07 wrote:
^ I should´ve make clear that my post is directed to everyone, not you in specific. Sorry for not doing that before.

Ah I see, that's good then, was worried I'd started something.
Peebs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:02 pm Reply with quote
*puts on blinders about different studios* It's on CR! I'll have at least something to watch in the fall.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:06 am Reply with quote
Speaking of "Twin Star Exorcists", CR announced at Anime Expo 2016 they plan to do a dubbed home video release of that, "Phantom World", and some other shows. Well, some of them will be released in the fall with their Funi partnership. However, TWS and PW should have had an update by now. Even if the release date isn't set, at least a cast announcement could suffice.
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully signs of perriot designs being so simple means it's a long term project?

But then again the eldlive designs looked plain but translated better to screen so who knows anymore
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:33 am Reply with quote
LuluTheOtaku wrote:
Taking both those perceptions into account, my prediction is that Black Clover will become an Anime that is swept under the rug in my area. As both of those Anime have been considered failures where I am, even if I personally enjoyed both of them for what they were. I should once again point out that I have not seen the Black Clover OVA or read the Manga, but nonetheless I am excited for this Anime adaptation, because I'm an optimist. I just think it will not be something I could talk about with friends based on Pierrot's past failures as of late, in my area.

Black Clover, as a manga, is an utter juggernaut as it stands right now in the Weekly Shonen Jump rankings. Even if the anime doesn't work out, the manga will likely not be affected much by it. Toriko and World Trigger both had not-well-received anime (well, World Trigger at the beginning anyway), and neither of them affected their rankings, with Toriko finishing hundreds of chapters later and World Trigger continuing until the author was physically unable to draw anymore. Nisekoi's anime was canceled after one season, but it reached an organic conclusion after a few years in the magazine.

As none of us have seen the anime, the quality can be anywhere, and as none of us can see the future, how successful and/or profitable it is is completely up in the air. But of those other series, Toriko was the only one that enjoyed an extended amount of time in the top 5 (even if it fell hard later). What I mean is that since Black Clover has an in-built loyal group of readers in the magazine, that group will likely come over to watch the anime. It has protection, so to speak, in a way that adaptations of less popular manga or anime-original stories don't have.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2