• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts III Reveals Toy Story World, 2018 Launch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I agree that I don't want Star Wars or Marvel anywhere near Kingdom Hearts.

Honestly, I was already a bit annoyed that I was livestreaming a DISNEY game stream and it was all about Star Wars and Marvel until the first appearance of original Disney characters with KH.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind an optional boss battle against Darth Vader.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:58 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Vannil wrote:
I wonder if they can somehow mange to get Tom Hanks and Tim Allen to reprise their roles for the game since they will already be in studio recording for the Toy Story 4 film.

I'd be surprised if they managed to get Tom Hanks. Tim Allen might be doable I don't think he's doing much these days.

I think Tom Hanks said in an interview that he usually gets his very similar-sounding brother to do voicework for spinoffs and games due to the sheer volume of them.
ICO44

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I also don't want Star Wars or Marvel in Kingdom Hearts even as extra boss.

I rather have this guy as extra boss in Kingdom Hearts.

Juno016

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I don't see the issue with having Star Wars and Marvel, though I suspect, much like Big Hero 6, it would only be the Disney-created material.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:44 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Well, haven't you just had the optimism beaten out of you?

It's not about optimism, games get delayed, it happens all the time. Most likely when companies announce a release date, especially with just a year, you can probably expect a delay somewhere.
ICO44

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:01 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Well, haven't you just had the optimism beaten out of you?

It's not about optimism, games get delayed, it happens all the time. Most likely when companies announce a release date, especially with just a year, you can probably expect a delay somewhere.

look I hope I'm wrong....no I WANT to be wrong but we are talking about Nomura here and as much as love his works (including TWEWY) the guy takes forever to release a game. I mean isn't this why Square removed him from Versus XIII project here? i kind of wish Nomura stops working on FFVII Remake and fully concentrate on finishing KHIII (honestly thats the game I'm more excited about).
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
games get delayed, it happens all the time.

Games do get delayed yes but it's rare that a game gets delayed when it has a targeted release date and when it's a title with a substantial budget and production behind it..

ICO44 wrote:
look I hope I'm wrong....no I WANT to be wrong but we are talking about Nomura here and as much as love his works (including TWEWY) the guy takes forever to release a game. I mean isn't this why Square removed him from Versus XIII project here?

Given that Versus XIII was one of a number of Square products that was going through development hell I don't think it was anything that specifically had to do with him especially as Nomura currently overseeing work on both this and the FFVII remake.

ICO44 wrote:
i kind of wish Nomura stops working on FFVII Remake

Fat chance of that happening if the game truly is intended to be split into three parts.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:12 am Reply with quote
It isn't Buzz Lightyear without Tim Allen. It would be nice if we saw some "Home Improvements" references in there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2