• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Love and Lies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 am Reply with quote
I said it before on this thread that I don't this show to be that bad. While the last episode was fairly boring my thoughts overall are pretty much the same. Misaki was boring and I had a slight urge to want to punch the main character in the face and kick him in the nuts. But the drama was relatively enjoyable and Ririna was a great character. So overall I had some fun with the show, I didn't look forward to it each week, but it wasn't a waste of time for me. It was no where near as bad as My First Girlfriend is a Gal, in my opinion anyways.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:57 am Reply with quote
I don't think it was that bad either. It was no worse than mediocre to me rather than actively bad. I've seen more boring and poorly animated series and more poorly written written series, even this season (Kombini Kareshi, VME, Isekai Smartphone) that saying that it failed in every aspect and was on the same level as the bottom of the barrel of this season is something I can't agree with. That is not to say that I don't see why others are disappointed or frustrated, just that it was a pleasant enough experience for me. I might watch a second season if they made it, but I wouldn't be bummed if they didn't, which seems like the more likely outcome.

That being said, I did have to laugh when Neji said he had no good points and listed the very same complaints people have had about his character. That was probably the first time that I thought a character saying that actually had a point and wasn't just being too hard on themselves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4