• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Restaurant to Another World

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:18 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
nechronius wrote:
Can anybody explain this point a bit? Why would the old wizard guy want to keep the two from meeting? I was actually confused a bit by the tie-in between characters and I'm not sure I want to go back and read the whole thing and take notes. Why is Alex actively trying to avoid his.... great granddaughter?

As far as I can tell, Alex feels guilty for leaving his late wife and son. He had his reasons, but he was not in his son's life from what it said on his grave stone. Seeing their progeny probably brings that guilt up, especially when Adelheid looks so much like her namesake, and he might also be concerned that his great granddaughter might think less of him knowing he is her deadbeat great grandfather. Also, while I don't know that this is a reason for him, but it might be confusing if a young looking guy claimed (rightfully) to be her great grandfather.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was mostly an attempt to keep him from freaking out about Adelheid in some way whether that be her resemblance or what.

It also wouldn't shock me if he knows about how Alex was the one who originally captured Lion guy and there was some attempt to make sure they hadn't crossed patches as well.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:51 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
It also wouldn't shock me if he knows about how Alex was the one who originally captured Lion guy and there was some attempt to make sure they hadn't crossed patches as well.

Boy, I had forgotten about this detail until you mentioned it. That definitely explains why they showed the lion guy for the first time in quite a while right after the scene where Artorius tells Alex that they'll have to wait until evening because reasons.

In general, the connections made here between various stories made this the best episode of the series since the first one for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8