• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Manga Gets Live-Action Hollywood TV Show

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
I believe they got a pinball machine at the theme park that opened up recently but the monopoly thing is only fan-made, nothing legit.

If you're talking about that Franky thing, no, that's closer to pachinko. (I forget what the actual name for it is, however.)
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

When it's probably gonna look like Hercules: The Legendary Journeys or Renegade.

Lol I don't know why this had me rolling.
passer by

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:46 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
While I have been shown the POP! figurines, the others, I know as a fact, do not exist, as I monitor recent releases of the other two pretty closely. For the latter, in particular, there has not been a release of an arcade-sized pinball machine of any anime property (the closest there's been is Godzilla, which was based on the 1996 movie--the only other Japanese franchises to have a pinball machine are Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter II, and Transformers the last of which is based on the Michael Bay movies).

There's a lot of One Piece pinball machines in Japan and fan-made pinball machines outside Japan, just Googlefu it.

ultimatehaki wrote:

I believe they got a pinball machine at the theme park that opened up recently but the monopoly thing is only fan-made, nothing legit.

Sailor Moon and One Piece official Monopoly just released recently.
https://www.justnerd.it/2017/07/24/monopoly-sailor-moon-e-one-piece/
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:35 pm Reply with quote
passer by wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:
While I have been shown the POP! figurines, the others, I know as a fact, do not exist, as I monitor recent releases of the other two pretty closely. For the latter, in particular, there has not been a release of an arcade-sized pinball machine of any anime property (the closest there's been is Godzilla, which was based on the 1996 movie--the only other Japanese franchises to have a pinball machine are Super Mario Bros., Street Fighter II, and Transformers the last of which is based on the Michael Bay movies).

There's a lot of One Piece pinball machines in Japan and fan-made pinball machines outside Japan, just Googlefu it.

ultimatehaki wrote:

I think leafy sea dragon is referring to just the US and not other countries. I mean sure Italy is getting One Piece (and Sailor Moon) Monopoly... but is it coming here? No really... probably not...
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:54 am Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
passer by wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:

ultimatehaki wrote:

I think leafy sea dragon is referring to just the US and not other countries. I mean sure Italy is getting One Piece (and Sailor Moon) Monopoly... but is it coming here? No really... probably not...

No, I do mean worldwide. If this is official and created by Hasbro, then I'll check it off the list. If it's bootleg, however, it won't.

As for pinball, I do keep my ear to the ground pretty strongly, and there is neither any mention of One Piece pinball machines on Pinside nor Tilt Forums, nor is it listed on the Internet Pinball Database (and that list is downright MASSIVE, containing tens of thousands of releases, including the fan-made Naruto mod--this is the list, but it requires you log in to see it). Searching for "one piece" on any of those sites turns up nothing. None of the manufacturers officially in the business from 1999 and onwards (Stern Electronics, Bally, Williams Electronics/WMS, Jersey Jack Pinball, Spooky Pinball, Silver Castle, Heighway Pinball, American Pinball, MarsaPlay, Chicago Gaming Company, Planetary Pinball, Churchill Cabinet, Multimorphic) or even the shadier ones (Skit-B, Zizzle) have made any mention of One Piece whatsoever. Also, to my knowledge (and I do know a lot about pinball), no Japanese company is currently in the business (not counting US branches of Japanese companies), the most recent one being SEGA, which stopped in 1979. There are hobbyists and parts dealers in Japan, but none who design, manufacture, and sell fully-functioning pinball machines for a living. This is why there are so few Japanese licensed pinball machines.

(And this is one thing I really do want to have in my house. If any of those above companies announces a One Piece pinball machine, I am selling off my Jolly Park and buying it new-in-box even if it's ten grand.)
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Everyone is expecting this to look like Game of Thrones.

When it's probably gonna look like Hercules: The Legendary Journeys or Renegade.

You know what would be great if it looked like Game of Thrones? A live action Fate series.

Yeah, they should do that, damn it. It's basically Highlander they could totally sell that to normal people. And it would star a blonde british lady so it would be super easy.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:50 am Reply with quote
On the plus side, if this does resemble a piece of 90's syndicated cheese, it will have a kickass theme. Remember Highlander?

https://youtu.be/ypyvcfnu4Gg

Queen helps.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:36 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

No, I do mean worldwide. If this is official and created by Hasbro, then I'll check it off the list. If it's bootleg, however, it won't.

Okay never mind...

Also if that Monopoly is real... man... One Piece and Sailor Moon... I want it so much...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6