• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Passes Away at 41

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:06 am Reply with quote
Meteora was a rarity in the fact that it was a favorite album for myself and my siblings. Our music interests are all over the place but somehow Meteora was one that we all enjoyed. So sad to hear about this, LP has definitely put out some of the best music this century.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:10 am Reply with quote
I'm heartbroken. LP was the soundtrack to my adolescence.
TymersRealm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:24 am Reply with quote
wow...

I've always been a fan of the Band's music. it's a real shame he's pasted.
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:29 am Reply with quote
Linkin Park was a huge part of my childhood. Songs like In the end, Numb, Breaking the habit, Faint, etc. I remember listening to to many of their songs on an old MP3 player as a kid. When I heard the news, I couldn't believe it. RIP Chester. You inspired many people. Crying or Very sad
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:50 am Reply with quote
I'm still sad even after hearing this. Linkin Park was my favorite rock band when i was younger since their music was unique and lyrics meaningful. It's tragic that Chester killed himself just months after the death of his friend, Audioslave and Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell, who also committed suicide due to depression. The fact Chester die on what was gonna be Cornell's birthday makes me think Cornell's death deeply affected him.

RIP Chester. I hope you're in a better place.

PS:For those wondering why this article is at ANN, here are three reasons: 1. Linkin Park's animated music video was done by Studio Gonzo, 2. the band has made theme songs for all of the live action Transformers movies and 3. the band were Gundam fans that one of their songs, "The Catalyst" was the opening theme for the videogame, Gundam: Extreme Vs. .
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:32 am Reply with quote
Hansond Jaysond Lee wrote:

You deserved a better life...

The man for the majority of his life was great, just depression does not care where you're from or how good you're. It's truly a shame not only to lose him but for his family and friends he left behind
Northlander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
Not really a fan of Linkin Park, but it's always hard to see someone die that young.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
A really painful loss, since I once watched a few AMV videos that involved the music of Linkin Park. Sad

Rest in peace, Chester. I hope your afterlife will be a much better place than wherever you were on your last days.
wccw2399

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:15 pm Reply with quote
The saddest news i've heard yesterday. IT's still very... Shocking to hear this. May he RIP.
hinugundam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:58 pm Reply with quote
That sucks. Depression is a bitch and even the best of us can lose to it. Most of my life I have struggled with depression, and Chester's music helped a lot.

MoonPhase1 wrote:
The Reanimation CD cover always reminded me of a Gundam.

They were big fans of Gundam. There is a GP-01 HG model in Linkin Park colors, and the music video for "Somewhere I Belong" featured Gunpla models.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I found out about this yesterday and it really sucked. x.x While LP is one of my favorite bands, they are one of the first bands I listened to when I was exploring more modern-day rock music (versus always listening to Styx, The Eagles, Bob Segar, etc. that my parents listened to all the time). The powerful vocals Chester emitted was one of those things that really drew me to them, and he and LP will always hold a special little place in my heart because of their influence on me to try and enjoy a brand new genre of music, as well as being the first group that my husband and I agreed that we enjoyed together.

I actually forgot about the fact that they did have one of their music videos animated, but I always remembered seeing in one of them the shots of the Gundams brought into focus throughout it. I definitely remember watching a lot of AMVs using LP songs, and I even edited a small part of one for an MEP (which never actually materialized, sadly; I wish it did because I was pretty proud of my part!).
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I want to remember Chester Bennington for the singer he was instead of hearing about how he died.
Heishi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Linkin Park will never be the same without you, Chester.

RIP
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
A handful of very trollish posts, and responses to them, were removed. You don't have to like them or "get" why it was posted here. We take a zero tolerance policy in these type of threads. The article is here so either post with some civility and class or don't post at all. Period.
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:16 pm Reply with quote
My sister told me about this before I saw it on here. I'm still shocked. RIP
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3