• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass Twitter Account Launches 7-Day Countdown

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:01 am Reply with quote
Finally. I've been waiting for more CG news all years, especially recently. Can't wait for next week.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:10 am Reply with quote
Oh boy, here we go... (Please don't ruin the franchise, please don't ruin the franchise)
ArnisEnthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:31 am Reply with quote
I don't really care what they do as long as they bring Lloyd Asplund back
ayashe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:44 am Reply with quote
I just want my poor Geassed Schneizel and Jeremiah
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 am Reply with quote
Seeing those sunflowers, I can't help but think of the fanmade alteration of the ending, showing Lelouch driving C.C.'s cart.
jroa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:45 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Oh boy, here we go... (Please don't ruin the franchise, please don't ruin the franchise)

SWAnimefan wrote:
Seeing those sunflowers, I can't help but think of the fanmade alteration of the ending, showing Lelouch driving C.C.'s cart.

You don't really need to go that far.

This image is taken from the prologue to the first season. In other words, the first episode of the show. Which means they're going to make an announcement about the first compilation film.

For the time being, that doesn't have much to do with the upcoming sequel project. They probably aren't going to be revealing anything else for said sequel until the compilation movies are done. In other words, don't expect any real developments on that front until 2018.
Servant of the Path

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 pm Reply with quote
You know, what they could do with these compilation films is correct all the issues with the storytelling forced upon the creators by Sunrise when they made the 2nd series. :3

At least I can hope.
Zimba

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait!
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:37 am Reply with quote
Servant of the Path wrote:
You know, what they could do with these compilation films is correct all the issues with the storytelling forced upon the creators by Sunrise when they made the 2nd series. :3

At least I can hope.

nope, it was bandai who forced sunrise, code geass creator and the tv station to put CG R2 on primetime slot to promote more mecha merch. So we got a bunch of OP flying mecha on the R2. Its was a statement from sunrise some few years ago.
Servant of the Path

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
#alfrescoCR wrote:

At least I can hope.

nope, it was bandai who forced sunrise, code geass creator and the tv station to put CG R2 on primetime slot to promote more mecha merch. So we got a bunch of OP flying mecha on the R2. Its was a statement from sunrise some few years ago.

Actually, those aren't the issues with the story I was referring to. What I'm talking about is spoiler[so much of the earlier part of R2 re-establishing Lelouch's character/position in the story as if to quickly re-hash much of the first season.] If memory serves, I read that this was imposed by Sunrise since there was such a delay in finishing the second season that they felt it necessary to re-acclimate viewers to what it was all about. Goro Taniguchi's original plot/story-line is not what we were given. But maybe it was Bandai all along. In any case, they have the chance to correct this with the films.
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
#alfrescoCR wrote:

At least I can hope.

Actually, those aren't the issues with the story I was referring to. What I'm talking about is spoiler[so much of the earlier part of R2 re-establishing Lelouch's character/position in the story as if to quickly re-hash much of the first season.] If memory serves, I read that this was imposed by Sunrise since there was such a delay in finishing the second season that they felt it necessary to re-acclimate viewers to what it was all about. Goro Taniguchi's original plot/story-line is not what we were given. But maybe it was Bandai all along. In any case, they have the chance to correct this with the films.

ohh that's news to me. I actually thought you're referring to the "more giant robots" issue of CG r2. Well , in any case, i do too hope that this compilation films would be something more than a "recap" bunch of films, in a sense that they would "fix" what is wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1