• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
When listing show dates, should I use the end of the actual day or the end of the broadcast day?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbanu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:02 am Reply with quote
Anime TV schedules seem to use a 27-hour broadcast day; so they will say for instance that a show's first broadcast was at 25:30 on a Tuesday, when this is really at 01:30 on a Wednesday.

When entering information into the encyclopedia, would we say the show started on Tuesday (its "broadcast day") or Wednesday (the actual day it was shown)?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:46 pm Reply with quote
In the example you provide, it would be Tuesday. This was a decision made by Dan IIRC (although it isn't in the FAQs thread), I think for consistency with Japanese sources which would say give Tuesday's date even when not also quoting the broadcast time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1