• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hitorijime My Hero (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Well, I'm glad (and surprised) the series is acknowledging that there's an issue with their relationship. Even the bartender was surprisingly outspoken and frank. Also Settie has way more sense than Sensei.

Settie's mom is a real piece of work. smh

Is the other teacher going to be trouble or is it too late in the series for that?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Well, they didn't fool me for a second with the "Your part-time career is ended" bit. Poor Settie, he's actually the only one concerned about the right things. At least the previews confirm he didn't toss himself into the sea. Smile

I was thoroughly expecting a "gotta get you out of those wet clothes" scene, what with all the rain. Nice that they didn't go with that old saw, though I guess there's still a chance next week. But since they didn't, I'm more hopeful that this might end without wallowing in more cliches for a happy ending.

I wonder what the barkeep told him. I'm also wondering if he's got (or once had) a thing for Kousuke too...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Well, that was a sweet, if unnecessarily dramatic ending. Also the shortest meteor shower on record. I can't believe they never told us what the bartender told him, even after they brought it up again!

I guess I mostly enjoyed it. It could've been so much worse, so that's a plus? Smile
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:35 am Reply with quote
This show turned out to be a pleasant surprise overall. With the teacher/student setting i'd expected a lot more cringeworthy content, but they managed to avoid most of the worst BL clichés (the ones that did show up were more of the "general romance" kind). The characters really grew on me, especially in the last couple of episodes and there was usually a good balance between humour and drama.

It's far from being a masterwork, but i could probably recommend this show to people who normally avoid BL adaptions because of the clichés but don't mind a nice (and pretty tame) same-sex romance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2