• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Announces CG Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya Remake Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I know Kyle. What did the others do?
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:25 am Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:
I thought only Discotek did the movies and The Lost Canvas. New Video Group did that Sanctuary first season box set that had poor subtitles.

Yeah, it was New Video/Cinedigm who had the bad subs, not just for translations (or Toeilations as some of us like to call them) but also the sub timing in most of the episodes. They fixed the latter for their digital streams but it was too late and they never bothered to release the last 2 arcs on DVD or digitally nor release the Hades arc OVAs on DVD.

Discotek only released the first 4 movies (pre-Cinedigm license) & Lost Canvas (post-Cinedigm) and the subs on those were fine but they also flopped. Sad
Winger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
I know Kyle. What did the others do?

Erik Kimerer(Seiya) did some stuff like Alibaba in Magi, Sonic in One Punch Man, Mamoru Endou in Inazuma Eleven and Gowther in Nanatsu no Taizai.

Ben Diskin(Hyoga) did some characters like Ban in Nanatsu no Taizai, Sai in Naruto franchise, Gurio Umino in Sailor Moon Crystal, and Joseph Joestar in Jojo's Bizarre Adventures.

Kaiji Tang(Shiryu) did other characters like Gian in Doraemon, Masaru Kato in Gantz:O, Guts in Berserk(2016 series), Vegeta in the Bang Zoom dub of Dragon Ball Super, and other stuff.

Lucien Dodge(Shun) did some stuff like Ja'far in Magi, Imori in Hunter X Hunter(2011 series), Waver Velvet in Fate franchise, Jojiro Takajo in Charlotte, among others.

Erica Lindbeck(Saori) did some characters like Jericho in Nanatsu no Taizai, Eli Ayase in Love Live! School Idol Project, Yuki Kaizuka in Aldnoah; Zero, and Red Saber in Fate/Apocrypha.

Chichiryuutei wrote:
Hopefully Netflix re-cast the Latin American VAs for the Spanish dub. That was the best version of CdZ anyways.

The best dub of the original series is actually the brazilian portuguese redub produced in 2003. The latin american spanish can be the second or third one, but unfortunaly had a lot of flaws and scripts errors.

Anyway, since Jesus Barrero(mexican Seiya) is dead, I'm afraid of what they will do with the latin american spanish dub of this remake.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5