• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: UQ Holder Anime Reveals Teaser Video, More Cast, Theme Song Artists

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:11 am Reply with quote
Holy spoilers on the key visual there, Batman! Laughing
DDragonking

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:44 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I know right lol this is pretty damn far in the manga so I'm wondering if they're gonna do 24 eps. Also if funimation simuldubs it will Laura baily comeback to play Evangeline again?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:10 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

What spoiler? The title of the show was literally changed to UQ Holder! Magister Negi Magi! 2... which doesn't make any sense since there was never a UQ Holder! Magister Negi Magi! 1. Maybe they meant Magister Negi Magi 2: UQ Holder!?

And to be perfectly honest, that image makes it seem more like UQ Holder! v Magister Negi Magi! 2... dawn of magical justice.

By the way, that's Evangeline in the trailer. spoiler alert!. There's Yuki Matsuoka in the cast list, why bother with the Yukihime pretense at this point? They should be doing a pragmatic adaptation, not an exact one. In fact, just start with Negi... keep going with Negi... and end on him. Negi, not the other guy.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
Huh, so the glasses girl was blonde. Always figured her for a redhead. I wonder why I prefer blonde instead now? Weird.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:59 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Huh, so the glasses girl was blonde. Always figured her for a redhead. I wonder why I prefer blonde instead now? Weird.

I came here to post the SAME thing. Anime hyper I did a google search because I could SWEAR she's got manga pics as a red-head, but it looks like I was wrong. But it does look like she's a darker blonde. (plus in the actual mange, her hair is screen-toned instead of empty like most of the blondes) That said, I'm done with anything Negima related after the most recent reveal. (-_-) It's not "surprising", but I personally find it "disappointing", and basically the most Akamatsu of Akamatsu choices.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am Reply with quote
lol More Happy Material...
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:13 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
That said, I'm done with anything Negima related after the most recent reveal. (-_-) It's not "surprising", but I personally find it "disappointing", and basically the most Akamatsu of Akamatsu choices.

Personally I'm happy about it. It makes sense with what's come before so it's not like it's an asspull and it avoided the typical cliché outcome the series was threatening to have from the start.
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
What would've been a great adaptation is ruined by those awful character designs. They look like the characters, but they feel off..
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Personally I'm happy about it. It makes sense with what's come before so it's not like it's an asspull and it avoided the typical cliché outcome the series was threatening to have from the start.

It's just that it's "typical Akamatsu" spoiler[every series, just look for the (probably red-head) tsundere and go from there. It bugs me because Asuna was setup as the "obvious" Akamatsu girl (aka: Negima's version of Naru from Love Hina), and I am glad that we didn't end there (since she clearly developed as a "surrogate sister") but it's dumb that INSTEAD we go with "Asuna-lite" which is Chisame, who looks the same, acts the same and pretty much IS the same character EXCEPT doesn't have Asuna's magic powers/tragic backstory, and "less" shades of incest. I would have literally preferred ANY other girl in his class or (the more "sensical" choice) Anna, who is ALSO the standard Akamatsu girl, but at least is Negi's own AGE and has all the childhood history.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

It's just that it's "typical Akamatsu" spoiler[every series, just look for the (probably red-head) tsundere and go from there. It bugs me because Asuna was setup as the "obvious" Akamatsu girl (aka: Negima's version of Naru from Love Hina), and I am glad that we didn't end there (since she clearly developed as a "surrogate sister") but it's dumb that INSTEAD we go with "Asuna-lite" which is Chisame, who looks the same, acts the same and pretty much IS the same character EXCEPT doesn't have Asuna's magic powers/tragic backstory, and "less" shades of incest. I would have literally preferred ANY other girl in his class or (the more "sensical" choice) Anna, who is ALSO the standard Akamatsu girl, but at least is Negi's own AGE and has all the childhood history.]

spoiler[While they both take turns as Negi's minder (something I recall Chisame lampshading at one point) they're definitely not the same character. Even in broad strokes Asuna is a friendly idiot while Chisame is the intellectual loner. Besides, it was only established that Negi has a crush on her. We know nothing actually comes of it.]
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
That the manga was even renamed kind of indicates that the author realized he made a mistake of not treating it like a sequel. I am curious to see how a more action oriented show will work since I did like the earlier two Negima seasons.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
That the manga was even renamed kind of indicates that the author realized he made a mistake of not treating it like a sequel. I am curious to see how a more action oriented show will work since I did like the earlier two Negima seasons.

Wasn't there an issue between him and his publisher which made him want to treat UQ Holder as its own thing, but then that issue got resolved and its connection to Negima made more open?
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Classic Akamatsu. Onsen and fanservice. Yeah, no censoring towels.
macattack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:47 am Reply with quote
DDragonking wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
I know right lol this is pretty damn far in the manga so I'm wondering if they're gonna do 24 eps. Also if funimation simuldubs it will Laura baily comeback to play Evangeline again?

I highly doubt Laura will return to the role, she's pretty much done with anime and is pre-lay and video game-only at this point like Troy Baker.

They'll probably have Alexis Tipton do it as she can mimic Laura's voice pretty closely.
EmpyreanBlaze

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:03 am Reply with quote
Read the manga years ago. Don't remember who the megane shoujo is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2