• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kino's Journey TV Anime's Theme Song Artist, Visual, October Premiere Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see we'll get some Tea material animated, which includes some of my favourite chapters. Everyone's faces look a lot more similar than they did in the first adaptation and the LNs which is kind of disappointing. Shizu in particular looks a lot younger than he should. Still super exciting.

I hope this change in art direction doesn't imply a similar change in tone to something more jovial.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:58 pm Reply with quote
That visual looks really interesting to me and I've liked Nagi Yanagi's songs in the SNAFU openings and the ending for Black Bullet, so hopefully she can do a good job here as well. Really looking forward to this. I wonder how many episodes this will have though. Maybe they'll announce the number at a later date before the first episode premieres, I would imagine.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote
Interesting. Was hoping they'd get Shimokawa back but oh well, Nagi is fine too.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:29 am Reply with quote
鏡 wrote:
Glad to see we'll get some Tea material animated, which includes some of my favourite chapters. Everyone's faces look a lot more similar than they did in the first adaptation and the LNs which is kind of disappointing. Shizu in particular looks a lot younger than he should. Still super exciting.

I hope this change in art direction doesn't imply a similar change in tone to something more jovial.

Ti, it's short for Tijauna.
I think Kino's look weird in this shot, but overall the designs actually resemble the novel art, so much better than the first TV series.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:19 am Reply with quote
I hope they keep the muted colour pallet from the original TV show.
SaneSavantElla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:27 am Reply with quote
I wasn't very happy with the main key visual so I took a peek at the official website. Sure enough the character profiles are already up. These have a better feel (because of the poses, I suppose?).
BloodyKitty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:11 am Reply with quote
SaneSavantElla wrote:
I wasn't very happy with the main key visual so I took a peek at the official website. Sure enough the character profiles are already up. These have a better feel (because of the poses, I suppose?).

I shared the same feelings, Ella. I hope the designs look better in actual animation.

Also, I like Shishou & Aibou's designs best.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 am Reply with quote
Really wish Mikuni Shimokawa could have sung the OP/ED, but Nagi Yanagi has a wonderful voice as well and I'm sure she'll do a fine job. All the Way and The Beautiful World will certainly be tough to beat.
SaneSavantElla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:53 am Reply with quote
BloodyKitty wrote:
I shared the same feelings, Ella. I hope the designs look better in actual animation.

Also, I like Shishou & Aibou's designs best.

I hope so too... October's not far off so we should be seeing the first PVs in a few weeks.
Yeah, I like Aibou's design best, followed by Ti and Shishou (these are the only ones that have the 'right' feel to them for some reason... probably because we haven't seen their anime versions before?)
sakabatou86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I have not read any Ti chapters yet. But! I know I'm down to see some Shishou chapters!
This series has a lot a lot a lot of material to work with. I'm more excited for this than I have been for any anime as far back as I can remember.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:06 am Reply with quote
If Kelli Cousins was more active on FB (her last entry was on 1/28/17), I would have a better time getting a response by sending this to her via PM. I know that the odds are low, but if Funi could do a simuldub with her and Cynthia Martinez returning as their respective roles, a lot of people would be happy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1