• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Licenses Cyborg 009 The Cyborg Soldier, Tomorrow's Joe, Project ARMS, NieA_7, Lupin I

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Woohoo, Discotek! Continuing to be my favorite anime licensor without a doubt!

I was actually at the panel this morning, and they just give such good panels, I love attending them! The way they show trailers at these things (if you've never been to one) is that isn't not immediately obvious what the license is, so watching the excitement build as we all realize what it is is really a ton of fun. Honestly, they easily have the most entertaining industry panels I've ever been too, and they're still fun, year after year. And while other industry panels tend to save all the new licenses until the very end, Discotek always opens their panel with a new announcement! And they sprinkle them liberally throughout the panel as well, so it's not all in one spot. Really, their panel pacing has to be experienced to be believed, it didn't feel like I was in that room for an hour at all!

classicalzawa and I were both in the front row! Mike and Brady add a knowing theatricality to their panels that manages to outshine their licensing news itself. I was most excited about the NieA_7 rescue, though the audience's reaction seemed to be less enthused than mine. All the more reason to increase its exposure, I say!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 am Reply with quote
If I had a boxset of "Cyborg 009" and was at Anime Expo, having Joshua Seth sign it would be an honor. To me, he was born to play that role.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4