• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon GO Game Releases Mewtwo at Stadium Event in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I already missed on the legendary birds because they're impossible to get unless you have nothing else to do with your life and 20 other friends who share the same condition and they added yet another layer of difficulty to get Mewtwo? Honestly these raid mechanics are going to end up making me drop the game, since the main drive for me is to complete the pokedex and the increasing amount of mons impossible to get as a solo player are very frustrating.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:34 pm Reply with quote
While I wasn't able to catch it, my friend and I had no problems going down to the local marina and finding a group willing to take us in to battle Lugia. And there are tons of facebook groups dedicated specifically to "hey, there's a raid battle going on at [location], come join us"
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
While I wasn't able to catch it, my friend and I had no problems going down to the local marina and finding a group willing to take us in to battle Lugia. And there are tons of facebook groups dedicated specifically to "hey, there's a raid battle going on at [location], come join us"

Maybe in the US. I tried to look into such groups in my area (and I live in a highly populated city) and found just the one, it was a private group and I've been waiting three weeks to be accepted. Basically missed on all the birds because the only FB group never accepted my request. The one raid I attended there was no one in the vicinity, and I was near a college campus. The only place where legendary raids are somewhat doable are downtown, but that would require two hours of commute, and I'm not doing that trip blindly not knowing when or where any raids are happening. Even friends of mine who are a lot more into gym battling than I am missed most of the birds. This system was poorly thought and only works for people who have lots of time or live in small areas that don't require hours of commutting to get to the "raidable" areas and with a lot of people playing. And even if you manage to meet all conditions, you still have a high chance of not getting the pokemon because catch rates are so low. What is even the point of "premiere balls"?

Considering how little inter-player interaction the game allows, that these pokemon are only attainable through extensive teamplay is honestly counterintuitive and annoying.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quote
For those disheartened that Mewtwo's Pokémon GO appearance is Japan-exclusive, worry no more. America and the rest of the world will soon get their chance.

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:34 am; edited 2 times in total
supercalafragilisticjoy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:59 am Reply with quote
It looks complicated >.<

Luckily for me, I was in the first group let into the stadium with the Mewtwo reveal (Super awesome, btw). That said, I used him in a raid today and he wasn't particularly helpful ^^;
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Maybe in the US. I tried to look into such groups in my area (and I live in a highly populated city) and found just the one, it was a private group and I've been waiting three weeks to be accepted. Basically missed on all the birds because the only FB group never accepted my request.

I've heard that spoofing is incredibly popular in Mexico, so it may just be that you should enter a gym in a public battle and then allow the spoofers to help you out. You get one free raid pass a day, so it really couldn't hurt to try that.

While we do have a Facebook page, everything is coordinated through Discord. I've noticed that the Discord app is popular in several other larger cities when it comes to raids. I'll be visiting another large city this week and am looking forward to raids with those living there. Really wish trading would be the next thing added. I have multiples of each legendary and would like to give some of them to friends who weren't able to catch them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1