• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Premieres Glitter Force Doki Doki Anime Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaytonPuzzle27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:27 am Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
Can someone fix the ANNcyclopedia entry for this anime? For some reason it now has the Glitter Force one as primary title instead of the PreCure one. Smile PreCure kept the proper title, so I'm not sure how this one went worng.

Speaking of that have you seen what happen to Wikipedia articles of Smile Precure and Dokidoki Precure. To me what they did is vandalism to those articles and Saban has to go so low to promote there products and google search was vandalized by them. As a Wikipedia user I tried to fix and remove all references of the horrible Glitter Force but Wikipedia undid my edits and accused me of vandalism Me someone who is trying help improve instead ruining or Americanizing it. It seen that Wikipedia should rename themselves as the Ministry of Truth if you get my reference.

Why is there people supporting defending these horrible dubs have they forgotten what 4Kids did to the anime shows they touched? To me the people who like Glitter Force are nothing more but adding fuel to the fires hate.

Last edited by LaytonPuzzle27 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:15 am Reply with quote
LaytonPuzzle27 wrote:
Kimiko_0 wrote:
Can someone fix the ANNcyclopedia entry for this anime? For some reason it now has the Glitter Force one as primary title instead of the PreCure one. Smile PreCure kept the proper title, so I'm not sure how this one went worng.

Speaking of that have you seen what happen to Wikipedia articles of Smile Precure and Dokidoki Precure. To me what they did is vandalism to those aritcles and Saban has to go so low to promote there products and google search as vandalized by them. As a Wikipedia user I tried to fix and remove all references of the horrible Glitter Force but Wikipedia undid my edits and me accused me of vandalism Me someone who is trying help improve instead ruining or Americanizing. It seen that Wikipedia should rename themselves as the Ministry of Truth if you get my reference.

Why is there people supporting defending these horrible dubs have they forgotten what 4Kids did to the anime shows they touched? To me the people who like Glitter Force are nothing more but adding fuel to the fires hate.

I see, that's corporate tyranny. Saban needs to change it back, we don't want their disasterpieces.
LaytonPuzzle27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 am Reply with quote
I know right that is the reason why I can here to this site warn to you people about this. Also why some Precure fans would support this? Here is a quote from a user from Pretty Cure Fandom Wiki site the user replied "if we don't support this then we will never get a Japanese version officially subbed or a uncut English dub. one of the voice actors said Toei approved of Saban of having Precure over here. plus there are people and kids that love glitter force. Saban made this dub for kids not us. saying bad things will just push away the chance for us getting a new English dub and official subs."

So what do you think Hoppy800?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:31 pm Reply with quote
LaytonPuzzle27 wrote:
Speaking of that have you seen what happen to Wikipedia articles of Smile Precure and Dokidoki Precure. To me what they did is vandalism to those articles and Saban has to go so low to promote there products and google search was vandalized by them. As a Wikipedia user I tried to fix and remove all references of the horrible Glitter Force but Wikipedia undid my edits and me accused me of vandalism Me someone who is trying help improve instead ruining or Americanizing. It seen that Wikipedia should rename themselves as the Ministry of Truth if you get my reference.

I went to Wikipedia and Google to check, and...Yes, it really did happen...
I guess the dream of ever seeing an uncensored, un-Americanized English version of a PreCure arc is dead now...
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Can't tell if the previous posts are being fictitous or not... but generally sites will default to dub names. Yeah, it sucks, but hardly new. Theyve been doing it for Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and etc for years now. Probably the most annoying is seeing an Japanese figure site use dub names on their English page because it completely throws off your search. "Why am I not getting any results for Detective Conan or Pocket Monsters? Oh, the characters are listed using their dub names so I have to search for " Rachael" and "Hilda", not Ran or Touko.". That makes it hard when you don't know their dub name.
LaytonPuzzle27

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
Can't tell if the previous posts are being fictitious or not... but generally sites will default to dub names. Yeah, it sucks, but hardly new. They've been doing it for Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and etc for years now. Probably the most annoying is seeing an Japanese figure site use dub names on their English page because it completely throws off your search. "Why am I not getting any results for Detective Conan or Pocket Monsters? Oh, the characters are listed using their dub names so I have to search for " Rachael" and "Hilda", not Ran or Touko.". That makes it hard when you don't know their dub name.

As a Wikipedia user I would have acknowledge the dub existence on the article but not they did it. What they did makes it look like that the show was made in America and later brought over to Japan where they changed the name. I think everything needs to be changed back to the original Japanese names followed by the English names. Is anyone on this site is Wikipedia user like myself I would like to hear thoughts about this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3