• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Warner Bros. Japan Plans U.S. Theatrical Release for Haikara-san ga Tooru Films

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeltanzer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Whatwhatwhat?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
SHD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Why this movie (these movies, I guess, but...) in particular? An adaptation of a classic shoujo manga is not exactly what I imagine would fill theaters in the US, actually, I wonder how many people in the mainstream US anime audience have ever heard of this franchise.
CandisWhite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Huh. Why this movie (these movies, I guess, but...) in particular? An adaptation of a classic shoujo manga is not exactly what I imagine would fill theaters in the US, actually, I wonder how many people in the mainstream US anime audience have ever heard of this franchise.

Technically Canada, but here's one. I've never seen or read it but I love that old theme song! I'd go see these if they came up here.
sailormatlac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, it is certainly a strange choice and a risky one, but I'm certainly quite happy with it. Haikara-san was quite popular in Italy and somewhat in France too. Very neat classic 70s shoujo with spine and opinions. That said, I'm curious how the movie was pitched to WB!
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
CandisWhite wrote:
SHD wrote:

Technically Canada, but here's one. I've never seen or read it but I love that old theme song! I'd go see these if they came up here.

Did the show air in Canada? In English or French?
The PV for the new movie looks fantastic. I'm glad its already been confirmed for a US release, too many anime movies still don't get one at all. And, if there's enough buzz, we'll hopefully get the original manga, too!
sailormatlac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
CandisWhite wrote:
SHD wrote:

Did the show air in Canada? In English or French?
The PV for the new movie looks fantastic. I'm glad its already been confirmed for a US release, too many anime movies still don't get one at all. And, if there's enough buzz, we'll hopefully get the original manga, too!

Unfortunately no, even if we got a good share of animes back then through France. I'm certainly looking forward to these movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1