Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Gets 12-Hour Audio Drama in English, German




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
navycherub



Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 229
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:12 am Reply with quote
I'm here for this. I'm not really sure why this is going to exist, but I'm here for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12486
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:20 am Reply with quote
Well, if they can keep the Vancouver cast, I think I will be in line to order this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Master Kirito



Joined: 29 May 2015
Posts: 44
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:56 am Reply with quote
Yet another Death Note adaptation, huh? Well, I have watched all the other ones, so I guess I shall listen to this one too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
valoon



Joined: 01 Apr 2015
Posts: 158
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:29 am Reply with quote
So this will be my first german audio book of an anime
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajinAkuma



Joined: 15 Aug 2014
Posts: 1190
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
valoon wrote:
So this will be my first german audio book of an anime
Not really. Digimon had audio versions of the aired episodes, and I think other anime had a similar thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12486
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:57 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master Kirito wrote:
Yet another Death Note adaptation, huh? Well, I have watched all the other ones, so I guess I shall listen to this one too.

Well, with it being an audio drama, at least whitewashing is less of an issue. It's when it's a live-action adaptation that I think whitewashing is more of an issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Juno016



Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 1909
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:40 am Reply with quote
Jonathan Clements is someone I respect, so this is pretty neat. He knows his anime industry well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mhora



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 233
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Well, with it being an audio drama, at least whitewashing is less of an issue. It's when it's a live-action adaptation that I think whitewashing is more of an issue.
Hah! Funny!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maxi Rox



Joined: 08 Sep 2017
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
Well, with it being an audio drama, at least whitewashing is less of an issue. It's when it's a live-action adaptation that I think whitewashing is more of an issue.
Hah! Funny!

LOL So true Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group