• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Record of Lodoss War OVA + Chronicles Of The Heroic Knight TV

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Also, Welcome to Lodoss Island is the best part of the TV show, if only because it's hilarious to hear Crispin sound like he inhaled helium before recording
TurnerJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:36 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
Also, Welcome to Lodoss Island is the best part of the TV show, if only because it's hilarious to hear Crispin sound like he inhaled helium before recording

I personally can't stand Lodoss Island, period. One episode was all I could take of it.

As for Bill Timoney's Parn, I liked him a lot better in the OVA. He had a lot more passion to his delivery, and even if there was the occasional awkward moment (I will defend the peace of Lodoss with my life), there's a considerable amount of more life to his turn. I could see what he was trying to do with Parn in the TV series, but it was hard for me to get used to his mature-sounding voice. I understand why he did it, though, and I don't hold it against him. I just felt that he gave the better performance in the OVA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3