• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Simuldub Black Clover Anime This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:43 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I guess this means the Crunchyroll-Funimation marriage is still alive at least for this upcoming Fall season.

I mean funimation did come out and say nothing would change. Of course it can be hard to believe that sometimes but you get the point.
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:23 pm Reply with quote
pauladls wrote:
#861208 wrote:
I hope same-day simuldubs become a thing before the new Code Geass starts, probably Fall of next year, or the season after that (judging by when the movies are coming out).

But... "Only one in the world without magic"? I thought that was too cliche already when I was ten. But there have Belé a lot of those in anime recently, haven't there? Hmm...

Yeah like midoriya

To be fair I don't think Midoriya the "only one in the world". I'm pretty sure they've stated it happens, but that it's rare for people to be born with the genetic mutation that makes people have powers in Boku no Hero.

That aside it IS a pretty common trope to be used in literature and movies.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:05 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I along with many others had a feeling that Funimation was going to license this anime and with that, I called it from the start
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
#861208 wrote:
I hope same-day simuldubs become a thing before the new Code Geass starts, probably Fall of next year, or the season after that (judging by when the movies are coming out).

But... "Only one in the world without magic"? I thought that was too cliche already when I was ten. But there have been a lot of those in anime recently, haven't there? Hmm...
Code geass as a same-day simuldubs? Unlikely because most of the VA of Code Geass are from LA. SImul dub is still possible thanks to Todd's home studio which has been used for a few simul dubs with LA VA like the Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Looking forward too it, animation looks good and I'm looking forward to who will be playing who, I'd like to see Jamie Marchi as Vanessa since she already plays Cana in Fairy Tail and the two characters are very similar.

Not sure who should be Asta though, maybe one of the newer guys Funimation has been bringing in.

Hehe, was just thinking about Vanessa's design and wondering if her character was similar.
Yeah, if so I'd love that she was a great Cana. They did fantastic casting for that show with both their experienced and new VAs as the amount of characters kept increasing to such a huge cast, and also absolutely nailed MHA's casting as well so I'm really looking forward to seeing who's going to be in this for their next shonen fun.

As some have said in various threads, it's got some good timing too with the wait for more FT and while MHA finishes its season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2