• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks Starts GoFundMe Campaign for Staff Affected by Hurricane Harvey

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
Maybe if they had Chromecast support for HiDive...
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I feel for all those affected by this disaster, but I feel Sentai taking advantage of the situation. Businesses normally donate than ask for donations.

Their offices were not affected and their employees will be getting money through the Disaster Relief Fund. But it doesn't hurt to send them some money so they could buy some hot meals.

Though personally, I rather give money to the Red Cross.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:01 pm Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
I feel for all those affected by this disaster, but I feel Sentai taking advantage of the situation. Businesses normally donate than ask for donations.

Their offices were not affected and their employees will be getting money through the Disaster Relief Fund. But it doesn't hurt to send them some money so they could buy some hot meals.

Not sure how you think they are taking advantage of the situation. They are not keeping any of the money they are giving 100% to the people of the company. Also even if they we were not struck by the storm physically they will still loose money since a lot of the staff will not be able to continue their jobs for awhile. That is how business works no staff to do the job then no money to be made so the business losses money. I think you are just slinging hate at Sentai for no reason other than to sling hate. But that is okay haters are going to hate. I know for a fact that a lot of people that work for that company have been affected by the storm bad. Also about the Red Cross thing there have been many times in the history of the Red Cross were money has come up missing so giving them the money does not even mean it will go to the people. I still think the Red Cross is good but they have had money go missing in the past.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:01 pm Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
Don't. The Red Cross is probably the worst disaster relief charity there is; find a more local organization to donate to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1