• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Newspaper: New Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Film In the Works

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamieichi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:53 am Reply with quote
I don't mean to support the contract, but one thing needs to be corrected.
Looks like some people here misunderstood because of the ANN's wording of the article, but the contract is not between Takei and the agency or the clients but between the agency and the clients so Takei as an individual doesn't pay the money.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:47 am Reply with quote
xchampion wrote:
It might be antiquated and it might not be right, but if it's in her contract it's in her contract. If she signed and agreed to it, then she must follow it. If she is in breach of her contract then she must face the consequences. It's quite simple really.

This is correct. However, to how much of it is her fault and she face the consequences is a good question. Given the high breach of contract, I might give more fault to her agents.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The report noted that her role in the Rurouni Kenshin films as heroine Kaoru Kamiya is an important one that cannot be written out.

From what I remember of the first two films, this isn't really true. Even if it was, just make a flashback movie without her character while she's pregnant.

And to those saying or tempted to say "well it's stupid but it's in the contract," fine. She broke the contract. Still doesn't make it right.
Kamieichi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:37 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2