• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aria's English Dub Kickstarter Reaches Goal to Dub Entire Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
But man would I love to get Rose of Versailles dubbed on blu ray

Oh my god yes. Please give me a Blu-ray of Rose of Versailles. I will be all over that kickstarter.

I would give an arm and a leg to get Rose of Versailles in HD, dubbed or not, though a dub of it would be pretty cool since I find that people are more inclined to watch something older if it's available dubbed.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Hope we get a redub of RGU in the future as well
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:07 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
But man would I love to get Rose of Versailles dubbed on blu ray, or Space Adventure Cobra or Dirty Pair! I'm into the 80s stuff....

A Kickstarter for Dirty Pair might be too risky because IIRC, the Music & Effects tracks for the TV & OVA series were lost a long time ago, which was why when ADV had the latter, they created their own M&Es from scratch for that dub.
pcj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Set1229 wrote:
Besides, with the Venice theme, it feels more "natural" to hear it in a western language, like English.

And even though I don't know Italian, I think it'd be way cool if they take all the extra money it's getting over the top of the existing stretch goals and dub it in Italian. For exactly the reason you just stated. I'd watch it in Italian with English subs in a heartbeat.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:32 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
I am happy to see that whole show is being dubbed and released on BD. Shawne Kleckner has said that they are willing to use Kickstarter to fund future projects. I personally would like to see the Rose of Versailles and Sound of the Sky dubbed. But I suspect Maria Watches Over Us is their next project.

Any of those three would be neat, although Maria Watches Over Us is the only one that I am 100% sure I'd be "all-in" on (it's my favorite anime, after all).

If they did a Kickstarter to dub all of MariMite, COUNT ME IN.
Master Luc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:50 am Reply with quote
It would be great if they dubbed Sengoku Collection and rental magica...
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:10 am Reply with quote
pcj wrote:
Set1229 wrote:
Besides, with the Venice theme, it feels more "natural" to hear it in a western language, like English.

And even though I don't know Italian, I think it'd be way cool if they take all the extra money it's getting over the top of the existing stretch goals and dub it in Italian. For exactly the reason you just stated. I'd watch it in Italian with English subs in a heartbeat.

There is already an italian dub.
Velshtein

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:43 am Reply with quote
I can't decide if it will ultimately be cheaper to buy the blurays through the kickstarter now or waiting until their normal release.

Either way, I plan to buy the entire series eventually, but 195 USD is a bit much all in one go when you're a student and money is tight.

The problem is not knowing which choice will save me money in the long run.
pcj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
pcj wrote:
I'd watch it in Italian with English subs in a heartbeat.

That's awesome. Who made it? Where would I find it?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Velshtein wrote:
I can't decide if it will ultimately be cheaper to buy the blurays through the kickstarter now or waiting until their normal release.

It will be cheaper to buy them through the retail release (on sale of course). However it will likely take a lot longer to acquire them than if you were a Kickstarter backer.
CooperRC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Velshtein wrote:

Either way, I plan to buy the entire series eventually, but 195 USD is a bit much all in one go when you're a student and money is tight.

The problem is not knowing which choice will save me money in the long run.

The later release will most likely save you money, but the kickstarter says that there are Japanese Avvenire extras on the Blu-Ray which will not be included outside the kickstarter...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:09 pm Reply with quote
From project update #31:

Quote:
If you can't pick them up during the Slacker Backer period, these Blu-rays will be available in the long run for mass market release. However, at this point it will be 2019 before someone would be able to purchase them all. The mass market releases will NOT have the reversible covers.

Quote:
The originally displayed price will be so absolutely ridiculous that if anyone purchases it, then I guess that will be fantastic for us, but it will be incredibly out of line with the Kickstarter pledge price or any mainstream release price in the future.

TLDR: You will have to wait a long time for a mass market release. Even then it will have to be out long enough to be put on sale before the price is better than the Kickstarter.

You should check out the full text on the Kickstarter. They are setting up a procedure where you can pledge a small amount now and change the pledge after the campaign ends to get the Blurays.
atyamamoto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
This is Ann from Pied Piper, helping out with the Aria campaign. I just want to say a HUGE thank you for everyone who is making this project a huge success!!!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
pcj wrote:
ScruffyKiwi wrote:

That's awesome. Who made it? Where would I find it?

If you mean where can you buy the DVDs, that'd be difficult. eBay is probably your best option. Otherwise there are small online shops that still carry stock of the second half of The Natural, like here but the rest seems to be out of stock.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
Adding the art book made for a huge boost. At this rate I expect it to pass 400k.

MarthKoopa wrote:
I just can't imagine why any sane person would pay to dub over such a perfect cast

People REALLY want to pay to NOT listen to Chiwa Saito? Pure insanity

I'm going to assume this isn't serious because the logic is too ridiculous.

nope. its the logic that every sub only elitists and hardcore dub haters say every day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4