• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: UQ Holder Anime's New Promo Video Previews Opening Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:40 am Reply with quote
So they ARE keeping Happy Material as the theme song. NICE! That song is forever associated with the Negima franchise at this point
matt78

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm Reply with quote
What are the odds that UQ Holder is popular enough that they decide to reboot Negima.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:59 pm Reply with quote
matt78 wrote:
What are the odds that UQ Holder is popular enough that they decide to reboot Negima.

Zero.
ihate4kids

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:23 pm Reply with quote
indeed, there have been too many adaptations of it already, completely over-saturated to the point where nobody wants to touch it anymore. That bridge has been completely burned to the ground.
Garforian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:54 am Reply with quote
matt78 wrote:

I think our best bet is that they release some of the material that was never animated as UQ prequel OVA's
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:49 am Reply with quote
Do I have to watch the original Negima anime prior to watching UQ Holder? Or can I just dive right into this series?
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:01 pm Reply with quote
jaykayjk10 wrote:
Do I have to watch the original Negima anime prior to watching UQ Holder? Or can I just dive right into this series?

No, the problem is the previous animes were variations of the manga. Which UQ Holder is suppose to be the spiritual successor of Negima. if anything, you can wait for the anime to come out and watch flash backs to previous history. It's not going be the same as the previous anime offerings, just vaguely similar. So your properly better off having not seeing any of them and starting new.

This anime is the manga's last hope to lure new readers to the manga. The manga has had from multiple revamps they done over the years. The manga itselfs was suppose to be just about the main characters vs heavily relying on the old the Negima?! ones since they were more popular.

Think of UQ Holder being the Action/Adventure/Comedy vs Negima being School Life/Comedy/Harem/Fantasy. The anime version maybe a more comedy though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1