• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Natsume's Book of Friends Roku's 1st New OVA Previewed in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jex2193

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Great, they finally got Kenichi Ogata for a role and we won't be able to watch it subbed unless some fansub group gets it. *sigh*
Why does Japan have to be mean and cheap, and why can't CR get OVA's and more movies?
I'd take them even if it was for a limited time.
Songster01

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Jex2193 wrote:
Great, they finally got Kenichi Ogata for a role and we won't be able to watch it subbed unless some fansub group gets it. *sigh*
Why does Japan have to be mean and cheap, and why can't CR get OVA's and more movies?

Well, CR did stream the OVAs from S5 as it says in the article, so it's likely they may do the same for S6. I forget how long the lag time was between the discs coming out and the streaming of the OVAs on CR, but it may not be horribly long. The super-impatient can rely on other options beforehand, but there's no reason atm to believe the streaming won't happen, is there?

As for whose fault it is re: dearth of streamed OVAs and films, I'm not going to rush to judge when licensing especially films may have additional complications. There also has to be a perceived value for bringing it to a streaming service. I'd certainly love to see more OVAs and films on CR and elsewhere, and letting them know politely can at least tell them that someone desires that. Beyond that, I'd prefer to see people who really know the economics behind licensing discuss this, before pointing fingers.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Songster01 wrote:
Jex2193 wrote:

Well, CR did stream the OVAs from S5 as it says in the article, so it's likely they may do the same for S6. I forget how long the lag time was between the discs coming out and the streaming of the OVAs on CR, but it may not be horribly long. The super-impatient can rely on other options beforehand, but there's no reason atm to believe the streaming won't happen, is there?

Wh-WHAT
How did I.....Ok I legitimately didn't know about those. I've been living under a rock for 2 months. Embarassed
And now I hate myself for this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1