• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vanishing Line Anime Revealed as New Garo Anime, Premieres on October 6

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:35 am Reply with quote
AsuraTheDestructor wrote:
The live action does have this fight scene

https://youtu.be/vvE8leGgeNc

Wink

And this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cv9I-ES_Xs
Hazelll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
#862720 wrote:
Do we need priir knowledge of the life action as well?? Or is watching the prequel anime enough?

Not at all. You should them because they're good, but they're not necessary.
So I only need to watch the anime's both seasons and movie right?
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:26 am Reply with quote
^not even that, really. Both anime seasons are standalone stories with completely different settings and characters. The movie is a sequel to the first anime series, but that's the only real continuity between the two. Presumably Vanishing Line will be just as standalone.

That said, I'd recommend checking out the first anime series as it's a really good one with some fantastic episodes and animation.
Hazelll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
#862720 wrote:
Do we need priir knowledge of the life action as well?? Or is watching the prequel anime enough?

Not at all. You should them because they're good, but they're not necessary.
Ruddor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
Just a reminder that the director of this also directed the episode of Garo with this fight scene (spoilers btw).

Also for everyone asking if you need to watch the other Garo series to understand this one, the answer is no. While they share similar terminology, I'm pretty sure they are unrelated. Garo: The Animation and its movie was set in fantasy medieval Spain and Crimson Moon took place in feudal Japan with historical figures. I'm willing to bet you can go into this series blind just fine.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Basically, the struggle between the Makai Knights and the Horrors is an eternal one. The knights' armors are ancient, having been passed down from one knight to another for untold centuries. That being the case, the creators can make (and have made) Garo series set in the present, the past, and the future. Most of them have little to do with one another, aside from being isolated chapters in the same ongoing struggle.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:18 pm Reply with quote
#862720 wrote:

The first Garo, Honoo no Kokuin, and its movie Divine Flame I would highly recommend checking out. The second Garo however, Guren no Tsuki, I would say to skip. It goes completely downhill, and they even ended up not airing all of the planned episodes so the ending doesn't resolve everything that the show set up. Overall it's just not very good.
dark13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone notice the new Garo animes are using the format that Gundam use ? i.e same Title Character but set in a different story, I'm interested if their gonna keep doing that.
Peebs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:44 pm Reply with quote
A third season of a show that has nothing to do with the two prior seasons at all! Sign me up! Unless it's on Anime Strike. I'll watch this even if it turns out as turdy as the second one did.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:42 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Has anyone notice the new Garo animes are using the format that Gundam use ? i.e same Title Character but set in a different story, I'm interested if their gonna keep doing that.

Not exactly like the Gundam Universe, but I guess some similarities.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:58 am Reply with quote
If this does get a simulcast dub, I see Caitlin Glass directing as she directed the previous 2 anime dubs. Speaking of Caitlin, her directing "Sakura Quest" is a reason why I consider SQ to be worthy of "Simuldub of the Year".
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:22 am Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:
In all honesty I think CR might end up acquiring this and then sublicense the dub and home video rights to Funi. This is a TV Tokyo show.

It's broadcast on TV Tokyo but the main company involved is TFC, who also produces live-action Garo, and FUNi got the previous anime shows from them (as did Kraken with the first live-action show) so unless Amazon interferes or Crimson Moon was that much of a bust, FUNi should.be able to get this new series themselves.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Cool, I could go for more Garo. I just hope it ends up being as good as the first one. Crimson Moon was a big disappointment in comparison.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Love the art style.

Yeah, did not expect this to be a Garo show.

Ruddor wrote:
Just a reminder that the director of this also directed the episode of Garo with this fight scene (spoilers btw).

So good.

Kadmos1 wrote:
If this does get a simulcast dub, I see Caitlin Glass directing as she directed the previous 2 anime dubs. Speaking of Caitlin, her directing "Sakura Quest" is a reason why I consider SQ to be worthy of "Simuldub of the Year".

This would be great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2