• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga without a English release but with a bilingual English-JP release

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I just found this thread and admit that I haven't read it, but I used to maintain the Bilingual Comics (manga) Mini-FAQ on the Usenet newsgroup rec.arts.manga. Hopefully that will help. (If you want, I can post the whole thing here; Google Groups munged the Japanese, but I have it on file.)

Also, you should know that you can shorten Amazon URLs—see this old version of the "Amazon Standard Identification Number" article on Wikipedia. If you follow that, phpBB shouldn't break the URLs. E.g. the link in the previous post can be converted to:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/458416519X
Land Stander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:49 am Reply with quote
hey doc, It's a great idea. If there is an interest I can keep adding more bilingual titles..
YazanHB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I just found this and spent about 2 hours going through everything that was mentioned and trying to find as many as I can of the books mentioned and I would love to get some help in obtaining the TOKION magazines if anyone has any leads?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3