• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Rental Versions of Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale Film Reveal Asuna's Nipple

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:17 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Agent355

Right at the beginning of Ranma 1/2 there is a scene where Akane walks in on Ranma in the bath. You see her whole chest and Ranma's ass. It is in the anime as well. Also Ranma girl type had a tendency to run around topless.

The unedited Ranma episodes did have occasional bits of nudity throughout the series, yes. (Exclusively of Ranma's girl form, IIRC.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
I honestly hope they keep this trend up. Non sexual/casual nudity in anime has been missing for years. Plus it may have been only 5 seconds long, but it was super high quality. SAO would benefit more from these sort of casual fan-service bits.

It reminds me back to the days of the early 90's and 80's movies that showed casual nudity all the time. As long as it wasn't sexual, boobs/butts were shown in PG movies and no one cared.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:22 am Reply with quote
TasteyCookie wrote:
It reminds me back to the days of the early 90's and 80's movies that showed casual nudity all the time. As long as it wasn't sexual, boobs/butts were shown in PG movies and no one cared.

Not in America, though. I remember there was quite the stink with Fantasia and it's very brief demon boobs. Not to mention the Lion King SEX thing.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
@Key

The scene I described is in the first episode at the 12:12 point. Ranma is shown more from the side than I remembered and it is less distinct then in the manga, but it is there.

Note: I was looking at the Bluray version but I'm fairly sure it was on the earlier DVD and VHS versions.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
TasteyCookie wrote:

Not in America, though. I remember there was quite the stink with Fantasia and it's very brief demon boobs. Not to mention the Lion King SEX thing.

Not necessarily. Back in the days before the PG-13 rating was introduced, I can recall seeing one or two movies which were PG-rated despite having very brief nudity in them. (One was one of the Pink Panther movies, I think, or at least something else with Peter Sellers in it. I seem to recall a scene involving women stomping grapes.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
TasteyCookie wrote:

Not necessarily. Back in the days before the PG-13 rating was introduced, I can recall seeing one or two movies which were PG-rated despite having very brief nudity in them. (One was one of the Pink Panther movies, I think, or at least something else with Peter Sellers in it. I seem to recall a scene involving women stomping grapes.)

Airplane! is another big example of this. A topless woman stands in the foreground of a shot during a panic scene.
rxargyros

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:19 am Reply with quote
Haters gonna hate this anime.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:18 am Reply with quote
I guess this is half the reason why home video media still exists, to lure people in with the promise of an uncensored version. (The other reason is to fix animation mistakes in the broadcast version.)

Streaming is great and all, but for the foreseeable future there is definitely still a place for DVDs and Blu-Rays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3