• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Magical Index Anime Season 3 Confirmed For 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:41 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I hope this is spring 2018. I mean I really hope it is winter 2018, but I think they would have said that...

For what it is worth, both Index series were fall premieres, as was the first Railgun. Railgun S was a spring premiere.

0nsen wrote:
Wasn't this confirmed, like, last week or so?

I assume you are referring to this:
animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-09-25/a-certain-magical-index-season-3-briefly-listed-by-animax-show-website/.121828

That was a leak, this is an official confirmation.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
Touma is going have even more rotten luck.
dlm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:24 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I can be excited about this.

I loved Index... okay, I loved the first half of the first season of Index. Then I realized that the story arcs were almost as formulaic as Railgun (which is as simple as "Academy City exploits children to try to combine their esper powers somehow, and then Mikoto defeats them with the power of friendship") and now? I wonder if the moment hasn't just plain passed by.

Prediction: Touma finds himself meeting some girl in distress, who develops feelings for him, and then after five or six episodes he solves all problems by running/panting a lot and then punching the Main Problem with his right hand while dramatically reciting some catchphrase.

Eh, I'll watch it anyway.
dlm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:26 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
AoT, SAO, and Index all getting 3rd seasons? Wow, 2018 will make anime great again.

Only if we get more KonoSuba. And maybe Strike Witches 3: A Season Without Those Lamers From the 504th. I don't care how formulaic SW has been, it worked pretty dang good. Just coast through the first few episodes, ignore the 6th (or was it 7th?) and wait for the drama to happen in the final three or four.

Seriously, there could totally be a quasi-prequel involving Hartmann's exploits in Africa. Nine well-fleshed main characters and we only really explicated maybe half of them.

Last edited by dlm on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
AoT, SAO, and Index all getting 3rd seasons? Wow, 2018 will make anime great again.

Don't forget MHA3 ;D

Also there are also the probability of Railgun 3 and finally the release date of DxD 4 was not out yet but is very possible to be 2018.

2018 will Make Anime Great Again.

P.S. I almost forget about Twisted Evil Masou Gakuen HxH 2 Twisted Evil 2018 possibility.
Vizo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:43 pm Reply with quote
This is cool and I look forward to it but I'll be more excited when this year ends and we have a clearer release window.
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I am so glad for this I only found out about the Toaru series a year ago and it is quickly became one of my favorites. Never get tired of Touma and the bunch.

This announcement made me sign up for this site.
CHiN_HUNTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:37 pm Reply with quote
dlm wrote:

I loved Index... okay, I loved the first half of the first season of Index. Then I realized that the story arcs were almost as formulaic as Railgun (which is as simple as "Academy City exploits children to try to combine their esper powers somehow, and then Mikoto defeats them with the power of friendship") and now? I wonder if the moment hasn't just plain passed by.

Prediction: Touma finds himself meeting some girl in distress, who develops feelings for him, and then after five or six episodes he solves all problems by running/panting a lot and then punching the Main Problem with his right hand while dramatically reciting some catchphrase.

Hmmm yes and no for multiple reasons:
-Touma's not even the main character of some upcoming arcs
-Vol 13 (last few ep of S2) marks a real change of pace and formula
-All of the upcoming Novels are kind of one or two big arc

Pretty hard to go more into details without spoiling but you'll see for yourself anyway
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Vizo wrote:
This is cool and I look forward to it but I'll be more excited when this year ends and we have a clearer release window.

More than likely fall of next year. All the other seasons except railgun s2 were fall premier and an anime announcement typically comes a year before it airs. Not all the time but usually.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:16 pm Reply with quote
dlm wrote:

After S2 is when the plot starts to come together and stop being so episodic. That actually really starts with the arc S2 ended with, but since it stopped there you would never know. This is also when Accel and Hamazura join in as second and third protagonists which may ease your issues with Touma.

Kamachi does a really good job connecting a huge amount of plot threads to the Gods Right Seat arc that basically encompasses the last 11 volumes of the original series.
Eivion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:41 am Reply with quote
So damn happy to hear this. Its been far too long. 2018 is looking like a great year with the returning shows.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
So we finally got to S3. Now i can add that to my shelf. But I often wondered if the series was done. i was reading the manga but the artist said he was so slow it's a wonder he got anything done. But his work wasn't bad. But I have to finish both the 'Index' and 'Railgun' anime.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:26 pm Reply with quote
He’s my favorite character from the Books. I hope they don’t Skip his stuff and just stay with Toma. He’s a major player in World war three. Which should be season 4.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3