• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
King's Game The Animation (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 am Reply with quote
Episode

The show never fails to be stupid. The one most in my mind is how Ria died of immolation, where she spent a good minute or so looking like the human torch without even flinching from pain, or her voice changing at all. Right there the stupidity went into whoever directed her seiyu, not thinking, "hey, I am on fire, do you think my character react in some way?" Her only reaction seemed to be taking her clothes off, which does not really make any sense. of note her hair looked pretty untouched despite being completely engulfed, even typing on a computer. You perhaps think some different idea of how she might slowly start to catch fire or something could have been made.

Some of the other deaths of the classmates was also something that got a bit of a laugh out of me, whether just stupid, or I have been in a bit of a campy mood having really just watched Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2.

Also, looks like we got a reveal of what might cause the game, and yes it sounds dumb.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:47 am Reply with quote
I have to admit that I burst out laughing when MC started hugging the armless and legless torso of his friend. It wasn't out of callousness, just the ridiculous nature of how everything was staged. This show somehow continues to exceed its own levels of stupidity every episode. I wouldn't dare predict that they can't go any lower.
gedata

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

spoiler[The morale of this anime is that it's better to kill self and have a harem with all your waifu in heaven.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:44 am Reply with quote
Well that was stupid. And I really don't want to talk about this trash of a series beyond what I already. I know that is mean to the people who put so much effort into it, but this was so dumb. To the end I find that they don't know how real people act, and the amateur writing of the source material really shines through. Didn't the villain girl get chain sawed to the back, like right into her spine? How the yell did she pick the chainsaw up, stand up, prepare it without being noticed, and then hit the "hero", the guy who was a total self insert of the author. And no, nothing was redeeming that girl, she was a crazy badword.

The logic of this series really falls apart when you stop to think. Like the characters thought the only way to stop it was to kill the participants. But if it was like a threat to humanity where a survivor's next class would play, wouldn't that end after they graduate. And surely would notice the events. It is insane that these kids are just dying left and right by weird circumstances and no one like tries to get involved in them. Would the main character really be put into a normal school after he was found in a place where his classmates were cut into pieces, after the whole class died. Like characters just say they happened to come across a news article, not the sort of attention the crazy shit that happens in this season would have. It kind of why it is strangely humorous when it pulls something so crazy bad and expects us to believe that things would just continue after this.

This was dumb, and sorry but you were dumb if you liked this non ironically. A Bad (2/10) rating from me, only some points at managing to be a so bad it is good watch, because it is indeed such.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3