• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amazon's Anime Strike Announces Fall Simulcast Lineup

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I hope they get less and less titles every season from now on.

Spring and Summer were a hectic to deal with as Animse Strike has a very inconsistent schedule, lack of customer service care, and host of other problems. Noitamina shows were a given along with some of the Sentai licenses.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rinrinsama

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:39 pm Reply with quote
damm, not yuuna,

well, im ready

digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
It would REALLY HELP if you post links to the source.

As Thorfinn guessed, our source for this was an email correspondence with the PR company representing Anime Strike, so unfortunately I can't link you to it. We have worked with this PR company for Anime Strike before and we trust the information we receive.

I didn't notice that Shobitch had been omitted from the list, but just sent off an email to ask about it. I'll update as soon as we have more information!
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:22 pm Reply with quote
digidragon wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

As Thorfinn guessed, our source for this was an email correspondence with the PR company representing Anime Strike, so unfortunately I can't link you to it. We have worked with this PR company for Anime Strike before and we trust the information we receive.

I didn't notice that Shobitch had been omitted from the list, but just sent off an email to ask about it. I'll update as soon as we have more information!

I was expecting that. Looks like they forgot to add Shobitch to their email.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:33 pm Reply with quote
digidragon wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

Thanks for the info. Glad yall read the comments still.

Honestly i was a bit surprised by lack of number but then remembered sentai did announce a couple shows that wouldnt necessarily be on anime strike (dynamic chord, classicaloid, houzuki, etc.)
Amiantos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:36 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Man, that really sucks for Umaru and Yuki Yuna fans. I wish Amazon wasn't so content with splitting up sequel seasons like that. Confused

Thankfully I canceled my CR sub awhile back so I might put that money towards this for Yuuki Yuuna while it airs.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:

Honestly i was a bit surprised by lack of number but then remembered sentai did announce a couple shows that wouldnt necessarily be on anime strike (dynamic chord, classicaloid, houzuki, etc.)

No they forgot to put Hozuki as well. The other two have already or will likely be announced for HIDIVE.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:51 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:

No they forgot to put Hozuki as well. The other two have already or will likely be announced for HIDIVE.

I mean the article a few days ago ( animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-29/sentai-filmworks-licenses-hozuki-coolheadedness-season-2/.122060 ) did say select digital outlets. It never actually said anime strike soooo. Its probably a safe bet based on the article that its at least not going to be exclusive to anime strike or even on it.
Vizo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Luckily, I don't care for these anime. Though, I do recommend Inuyashiki and Just Because to my brother and cousin respectively.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Lol guess that speaks about Shobitch that they forgot to add it.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Anime Strikes again! With Himouto I'll just do what I did with Ri-Ne S3: wait a few weeks for it to simulcast on Hulu. Looks like it showed up after several episodes, so I can wait on it.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Thank God the opposite of summer when every series I was interested in was on Anime Strike. This season I am only interested in Inuyashiki but there are enough shows I want to see on CR that I can miss it.

Although I think I will have to give in eventually and get Anime Strike. Still angry about that double paywall so I am trying to not subscribe. It's the principle.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm Reply with quote
This announcement is three days late (compared to the summer lineup announcement). Adding that to the lackluster AS lineup this are my deductions:

1) Amazon crunched the numbers and realized they were either were not getting any profits or maybe even losing money, so they decided to reduce their anime budget.

and/or

2) With CR fall lineup mostly complete many people might have decided to cancel their AS subscription, making amazon go into damage control mode and reduce the lineup (so no sho-bitch even though it seemed like a deal a few days ago, also, no hoozuki which strikes me as odd since they have the first season on prime).

I will chalk this to crunchy/funi not repeating their turtle vs. rabbit error from last season. Now I will wait to see if hidive offers spanish subtitles this season (if they want my money, they better work for it and if you add the lack of apps, they ain't).
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-02/hozuki-coolheadedness-season-2-opening-video-streamed/.122170

This article states the Hozuki will also stream on Amazon Strike. Which one is correct?
scowler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:14 pm Reply with quote
There is another possibility here: Amazon may take one or two cheaper simulcast shows and make them available to all Amazon Prime subscribers, regardless of whether they subscribe to Anime Strike or not. That'd be a smart business move, in fact.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3