• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Konohana Kitan (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:54 am Reply with quote

Konohana Kitan (TV)

Genres: comedy, slice of life, supernatural
Themes: foxgirls, hot springs, iyashikei, yuri

Plot Summary: Kokohana-tei is a hot spring hotel located in an inn town between our world and the other world, where many people go to visit. The story portrays the lives of fox spirits, who take the form of girls and work at the hotel.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

This was adorable. Even the opening song has a charming tune to it.

The main female cast consists of girls with some fox features (ears, tails, etc). Yuzu is cute although really shy. The setting has a nice feel to with the Spring flowers and blooming weather. The other characters are fun to watch too with Natsume, Kiri, and Satsuki. Seems all these girls have some distinctive personality.

I like Satsuki the best so far. Good start. I also really like the music used to give this anime an atmospheric feel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering what show would be my new relaxation anime for this season and it looks like Konohana Kitan will be filling the void left by the ending of Sakura Quest!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I can't get enough of cute, fox-eared girls. Oh, anime, you know me so well.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:37 am Reply with quote
She blushes a lot around (cute) girls and being around other girls in the bath. So I kind of can't help put yuri goggles on so far.
dvls_advocate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode #2

Cute and heartwarming episode. Satsuki is definitely my favorite character in the show. I like her interactions with Yuzu. The scene where they were sharing lunch was pretty funny.

After the first episode I thought this Konohana Kitan was going to be my "feel good" show of the season. So far it hasn't disappointed.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 am Reply with quote
Covering the loli up carefully and completely, and then showing a lot of close up, fanservice angles of the shota in only a very tight fundoshi, just the kind of double standard that's going on everywhere.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:37 am Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

This show really is yuri as eff.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:35 pm Reply with quote
OMG, episode 4 was so adorable, I almost cried at the ending.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

It does feel like this show has been improving, with the baku and child life cycle bit last week, and the cursed doll this week. Kind of proportionate of how the show can actually use the supernatural element.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:15 am Reply with quote
Another great episode. Looks like the doll will be a regular member of the cast, which is great and it was awesome to see what the weaver had actually been making.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Hmm, when the boy found out his parents were not really his, I heavily suspected that it is foreshadowing that he is not actually a human, but some sort of helper dog. Writing this not finished the episode yet.

And yep, totally saw the ending, which was pretty beautiful, have a big weak spot for this sort of thing. But even more, I did not catch though how the first half actually played into the second, that the girl who washed up was most likely the stepdaughter of the man. The bit he said about how she it took her a while to get along with him and yet was later doing art, while this probably matches with what that girl said her situation was and how she planned to move forward.

This series has kind of snuck in being surprisingly good.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I had the opposite experience from you, DP, in that I didn't figure out that Kaito was a dog, but I did put together that his stepdaughter was the girl from the beginning. Yes, everything came together quite beautifully. We also learned that the Inn isn't just for helping guests pass on to the next life, it can also be used to return them to the real world.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Another episode that successfully plucked my heartstrings. It was also fun seeing a different side of Okami... she sure cleans up nice.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Wow, that doll segment was stronger than I thought it would be, in a way I was not in a way I was expecting. I think that there was a general message too, which it didn't give the impression that it needed to throw down the throat of the audience, and I think it was "appreciation". The first part being about the need to show appreciation to one's culture, done in the way of talking about the gods that being mostly ignored now in modern Japanese culture, but I don't think was trying to say that the Japanese audience should start heavily worshiping the classic gods again, but just some appreciation to their culture.

The second did something interesting, that the supposedly thrown away doll actually found all its wear and tear as evidence of how loved it was, and that it meant quite a bit with her. Okiku otherwise with being quite pristine just kind of had it made more sad that she never got to live up to what she was made for, but still hopeful at the end that the owner of the doll still loved her childhood toy, Okiku is still in a way being played with now. I admit I actually had my eyes water there.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
Honestly I was unsatisfied by the ending. Usually these "character feels unappreciated" plots end with them being proved wrong in a bigger fashion. Sure, it's nice of Ren to make Okiku some clothes, but in the end no one actually played with her. Her "no one will notice if I leave" comment was answered by... No one notcing she'd left. It does make me feel for Okiku more but at the same time I'm a bit miffed she didn't get much payoff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2