• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Food Wars! The Third Plate

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:47 pm Reply with quote
ryanvamp wrote:
The moment I saw the return of the foodgasms, I KNEW the episode would get a lower score because of it. It might not have been the only reason, but clearly it was influential. Oh well, this is that kind of era after all. At first they went for Marvel Comics, now it's only natural to try to do the same with anime & manga.

While the foodgasm may have been a factor its not the biggest reason. There have been episodes with decent scores while having similar looking foodgasms. What really brought this ep down was the artistic issues and the lack of actual cooking. People even criticized the manga version of this due to its poor pacing. Sure it was for Ryo's character development but it couldve been done better seeing as he isnt all that popular with fans according to the last character poll anyway.

This shokugeki is actually building up to a little character development between 2 people assuming they dont skip that as well. If they dont then heres hoping they pull it off properly
GhostD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:09 pm Reply with quote
EP 11

Aside from the minor change of spoiler[adding Megumi in 2 scenes that she originally wasnt a part of], the episode was good. Animation quality looks to have improved a bit (from what I can see) and the character development scene I was waiting for was done fairly well. Things are moving at a pace without making it feel rushed which is also good
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Did this show get it's episode count cut to 12 from it's 24, because I've seen a lot of people saying it is now 12.
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:47 am Reply with quote
Treecko Tempo wrote:
Did this show get it's episode count cut to 12 from it's 24, because I've seen a lot of people saying it is now 12.

To be honest I dont know anymore. The page of the CR link I posted is gone when you try to enter it and they were the ones who first announced it as 24. thetvdb.com still lists it at 24
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quote
Treecko Tempo wrote:

The show's official website says the boxset with the entire season will include 12 episodes. That's a bummer, because it doesn't look like the next episode will resolve anything. I hope they're planning a fourth season to conclude this arc at least.

I seems the wrong info about this season being 24 episodes long came from Chinese streaming website iQIYI, which removed it soon afterwards, just like Crunchyroll did.
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Treecko Tempo wrote:

The show's official website says the boxset with the entire season will include 12 episodes. That's a bummer, because it doesn't look like the next episode will resolve anything. I hope they're planning a fourth season to conclude this arc at least.

I seems the wrong info about this season being 24 episodes long came from Chinese streaming website iQIYI, which removed it soon afterwards, just like Crunchyroll did.

Well shit. That explains a lot. So much for that...Cant wait for the wave of disappointment to hit the fans
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Treecko Tempo wrote:

It also has another section on that page which has a second set with an additional twelve episodes set go on sale today.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
It also has another section on that page which has a second set with an additional twelve episodes set go on sale today.

If you mean this release, it's the first half of season 1. Originally, that season had been released in 8 volumes, and now they're re-releasing it as two boxsets.
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:27 pm Reply with quote
It looks like this season did become a split cour show. That's good to know.
GhostD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Ep 12

I knew they would keep the reveal for last but the impact was clearly weakened because of its execution by inserting the ending theme and cutting between the usual ending animation sequences and the current scenes in addition to making Erina's reaction less dramatic and comedic. This could have easily been the highlight of the first cour but its execution dampened it

And is the upcoming 2nd cour really still counted as part of season 3 or will it be counted as season 4? Yes I know the article here mentioned it as 2nd half but the general consensus seems to count it as season 4
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Ep 12

I knew they would keep the reveal for last but the impact was clearly weakened because of its execution by inserting the ending theme and cutting between the usual ending animation sequences and the current scenes in addition to making Erina's reaction less dramatic and comedic. This could have easily been the highlight of the first cour but its execution dampened it

And is the upcoming 2nd cour really still counted as part of season 3 or will it be counted as season 4? Yes I know the article here mentioned it as 2nd half but the general consensus seems to count it as season 4

Depends on who you ask, but from what I can tell from the JP sites, it is still season 3. It's also listed as a split cour instead of a separate season. English sites like MAL almost always will list a split as it's own entry, so in this case "season 4" though that is inaccurate.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quote
[quote="TasteyCookie"]
GhostD wrote:
Ep 12

Depends on who you ask, but from what I can tell from the JP sites, it is still season 3. It's also listed as a split cour instead of a separate season. English sites like MAL almost always will list a split as it's own entry, so in this case "season 4" though that is inaccurate.

If that’s the case then I guess I can assume that CR has the rights to it since when they first acquired Food Wars when it was originally suppose to air 2 seasons back to back.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Azuma

That would be Azami.
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I think you mean Azami instead of Azuma in the review.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Name mistake has been fixed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10