• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Netsuzou Trap -NTR- Episodes 1-12 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed it. Reminded me a bit of Manji, though with a lot more anime sleeze. The show worked for me as a kind of skewering of yuri & the "eternal bond" as a concept - namely the whole dumb notion that lesbians are just practicing & that it's not really cheating if with a woman. Could probably have toned down the titillating parts which at times did leave it feeling like one of those edited for TV skin flicks that's had all the explicit stuff cut out. But then again this is anime we're talking about.

That said, it's also the kind of story that I think might have worked better with older characters, simply because I find it much easier to see the big deal of, for example, a married woman realizing she's gay rather than a schoolgirl who's just started dating a guy.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm Reply with quote
For a trashy premise, the biggest bummer is that this show was a short and have cheap production values. I wished it got similar treatment as Scum's Wish to REALLY wring out the drama and get more reactions out of the viewers. But alas, Netsuzou Trap anime ended up looking kind of neutered compared to the manga.

I placing my hopes the Citrus anime will have a much better luck on that regard.

Lemonchest wrote:

That said, it's also the kind of story that I think might have worked better with older characters, simply because I find it much easier to see the big deal of, for example, a married woman realizing she's gay rather than a schoolgirl who's just started dating a guy.

I remember there was an afterwords I believe at the end of Vol. 1 of the manga that wanted just that starring married couples with the whole wife cheating on her husband with another woman.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:46 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I found the entire show to be fan pandering trash, and the advances Hotaru makes on Yuma border on sexual abuse.

i am a die hard yrui fan and all, but GOD this thing is such a mess.

this along with scum's wish as well as love & lies should be on the top list for WORST SERIES OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2