• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kemono Friends' Tatsuki Tweets for 1st Time in 2 Weeks

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:36 pm Reply with quote
So happy to hear. In a right future, TATSUKI and co. are brought back to work on KF (more like never left) and the Kadokawa execs start doing the most wildest dogeza in history to apologize to them.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:02 am Reply with quote
So the core people from Kemono Friends are all OK, which is nice to hear.

Sounds like they are moving on, so I would expect them to find new projects to work on which means that Kadokawa appears to have lost. Whatever went wrong in the production process they appear to be unable to negotiate an acceptable resolution, which means that the franchise is likely damaged, a lot of money is probably lost and Kadokawa's standing ( face if you will ) with fans (the people with the money) is gone.

Mark Gosdin
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 am Reply with quote
What a way to downhill a rising franchise. Business should have let them do their thing and the business can concentrate elsewhere. So simple, yet here we all.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:26 am Reply with quote
That is unfortunate and I guess Kadokawa stuck to their bad decision. Generally I am a big supporter of capitalism but this is the ugly side of it where people are often viewed as interchangeable cogs that can easily be replaced. Hopefully a company with a better appreciation of talent will hire them.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
That is unfortunate and I guess Kadokawa stuck to their bad decision. Generally I am a big supporter of capitalism but this is the ugly side of it where people are often viewed as interchangeable cogs that can easily be replaced. Hopefully a company with a better appreciation of talent will hire them.

I don't think it's fair to blame this on capitalism. This is just a company making stupid decisions. Something that would happen in any economic system where people have any sort of economic freedom at all. A smartly run business would have handled all of this differently, also regardless of the economic system under which they operated.
catsspat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:40 am Reply with quote
What is there to discuss between Kadokawa and Dwango?
They should just give up all rights to Kemono Friends, so that other companies, or even crowd funding can take over. Then everyone (other than Kadokawa) is happy.

I bought the whole Guidebook/BD set, but I'm not buying any more if it's even got a Kadokawa logo on it. I just canceled the DVD order for the play.
gsilver

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
So, was all of this because of "episode 12.1" or was it something else that they did without the publisher's permission?
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:42 pm Reply with quote
gsilver wrote:
So, was all of this because of "episode 12.1" or was it something else that they did without the publisher's permission?

It's not entirely clear, but 12.1 as well as the other extra episodes are probably a factor. As well as Yaoyorozu and Tatsuki refusing to work with Kadokawa on creative aspects of the series that they disagreed on. It seems likely that Kadokawa wanted to make some changes and the team who actually made the show did not, or could not, work with those changes because they conflicted with their vision.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1