• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Launches Mature Reader Imprint With Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs, World's End

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I am overall excited by this news (except for TLR/TLRD being delayed). I will have to give Yuuna a look but I'm already well aware of World's End Harem (prefer to call it Shuumatsu no Harem). I like that manga for what it is that it is a sci-fi harem fanservice manga with a very unique concept and I'm hoping for it to get better in the long run. SNH is the next best thing to a sci-fi harem fanservice manga by JUMP after they ended To Love-Ru Darkness.

As for TLRD, the anime version has yet to have its 3rd season and if there should be a sequel to the manga the plot has to go through some serious changes if we want to see Rito becoming the harem king of the universe. It also could use a new antagonist.
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if there's a chance we'll see Nana to Kaoru now?

Quote:
Would a series like Nana to Kaoru, with more mature themes, be a harder sell to your average manga reader than something like Monster Musume or Dragonar Academy?

Well, that's specifically what this line is for!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MehrGyaru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:

Quote:
Would a series like Nana to Kaoru, with more mature themes, be a harder sell to your average manga reader than something like Monster Musume or Dragonar Academy?

That be a dream come true, loved Nana to Kaoru.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Totally on the board with To Love Ru (and Darkness), Yokai Girls, and Yuuna.

I'm still on the fence on World's End Harem because of the contents inside that doesn't interest me.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:

I think I read somewhere a while back that Seven Seas is very hesitant to license 20+ volume "back catalogue" titles, especially when they don't have an associated anime series (Nana to Kaoru has an OVA and some live action films, but none of them made it into the US market).
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:21 am Reply with quote
Fantastic news, I've been enjoying World's End Harem a lot in spite of the frustrating main character. The rest of it is a pure joy to read though which more than makes up for it.

Been meaning to read the Yuuna manga at some point and this seems like the perfect way.

I am greatly looking forward to seeing what other manga they license for this, so many out there. Whilst I'd love Nana to Kaoru (my fave manga by far) I'd love any, and I mean any, of Ryuta Amazumes works.

Also Maken-ki!? Pretty please?

Love the Ghost Ship name as well.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I was disappointed that Yuuna didn't get previewed along with the other new titles at the time in SJ's Jump Start, but it's nice to see it finally picked up, though surprising to see someone other than Viz with a SJ title.

I can understand why World's End & TLR / TLRD would fit a separate mature line, but does Yuuna? It's still just a WSJ title, right?

CatSword wrote:

Quote:

That's be great to see!
誤称

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:48 pm Reply with quote
One would wonder if a relicense of Kodomo no Jikan is in the future.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:16 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:

I doubt they have the license anymore as Digital Manga is about to publish it(eventually, hopefully...)...
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
Backing off of that one was a political move. They might have gotten away with it had they used the original title, but "Nymphet" caught the eye of all the wrong people; I've heard that Barnes and Noble even threatened to stop carrying them completely if they didn't drop the license.
adam_omega

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I've heard that Barnes and Noble even threatened to stop carrying them completely if they didn't drop the license.

This is incorrect. Only the planned release of Nymphet was impacted by the controversy, as the major retailers decided to not stock the series.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Nothing stops the Yuragi and SnH train. Thank you for noticing greatness.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2