• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya's Kurumada Prepares 'Surprising' Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sergorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:20 am Reply with quote
Beldarius wrote:
Or maybe a Fuma no Kojiro sequel? I wouldn't mind one. ..

There actually already IS a Fuma No Kojirô sequel called "Fuma no Kojirô : Yagyū Ansatsuchō". It began in 2002 in Akita Shoten's Champion Red alongside Saint Seiya Episode G and it was drawn by Yuri Satoshi, who was one of Kurumada's assistants at the time and worked straight from Kurumada Productions.

The art was pretty much fantastic, looking like a somewhat improved and more dynamic Kurumda-style and the story was really interesting, shaping up to be a great sequel to the original series. Sadly after three volumes were released and Satoshi drew a first chapter for volume 4... the manga just vanished even though the last chapter annouced the following for the next month. To this day we still have no idea if it was cancelled (though oddly the manga is still considered "ongoing" by Akita), or if the author had some health issue that forced him to drop it or something. Haven't been able to ever find any news about Yuri Satoshi either Sad

This is really a shame as I would have loved to see him draw some seiya.

Here's an example of some Fuma no Kojiro 2 art :

-Sergorn
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:05 am Reply with quote
Sergorn wrote:
To this day we still have no idea if it was cancelled (though oddly the manga is still considered "ongoing" by Akita), or if the author had some health issue that forced him to drop it or something. Haven't been able to ever find any news about Yuri Satoshi either

Yeah, Yagyu Ansatsucho was looking really good, & had potential to be the best story arc in FnK, but the lack of any finale hurt it the most. As for Satoshi Yuri, if Wikipedia Japan (& the ANN Encyclopedia) is anything to go off of (since the same kanji is used), he's moved on to anime work, doing the mechanical designs for stuff like the Strike the Blood II OVA & Terraformars Revenge, as well as doing the weapon & Irous designs for Battle Girl High School.

Really, at this point I'd say that Yagyu Ansatsucho is effectively dead & cancelled. Who knows, though, maybe the "surprise" will be that Yuri will be returning to finish this manga... That would certainly be surprising.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2