• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Recovery of an MMO Junkie

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myskaros

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:30 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I genuinely don't understand the cooking thing when Koiwai is AFK. The only MMO i play is WoW and i've never seen that. is it something i'm missing by not branching out or is it just silly show stuff

In WoW, I used to train monsters with AOE attacks onto AFK-phone people to get them killed :V it's pretty time-consuming when they massively overlevel the monster, haha.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched the most recent episodes yet (because I'm currently suffering from a bit of burnout), but I've been keeping up with the reviews because I really want to watch this show through to the end, and I'm actually very happy to see that the people in here are handling things like mature adults instead of getting thrown into a carefully orchestrated plot fight just to keep them separated however long the creator deems it necessary for maximum drama.

The cooking thing: some MMORPGs have jobs that do not include battle. Like FF XIV has a lot of "diciple of land/hand" jobs where you harvest various items and/or use them to make stuff. For some people, it is the go-to time spender when the other members of your party is away doing something else for so and so long.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
the review wrote:
Its challenge in the last few weeks of the season will be to complete that journey while maintaining a balance between both worlds. At the moment, this series looks like it's up to the task.

Isn't there only one more episode for this series? I thought it was confirmed for 10...
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:00 pm Reply with quote
^Yes, just one more ep. to go, so we should all be grateful to Koiwai for speeding things up.

It really annoys me that this show is treating playing a character of the opposite gender as something one needs to apologize for, though. It's called "role-playing" for a reason, you know... Rolling Eyes
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
the review wrote:
Its challenge in the last few weeks of the season will be to complete that journey while maintaining a balance between both worlds. At the moment, this series looks like it's up to the task.

Isn't there only one more episode for this series? I thought it was confirmed for 10...

Yes, per the official site. There will be an unaired 11th episode on the physical release though.
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
It really annoys me that this show is treating playing a character of the opposite gender as something one needs to apologize for, though. It's called "role-playing" for a reason, you know... Rolling Eyes

I feel like in Japanese social norms, it's expected for people to apologize for anything that might've caused discomfort or disappointment in another person. Sure, not all Japanese people are apologetic and painfully polite to the same extend of our MCs, but with Moriko and Yuta it totally fits their personalities.
MJKS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Between her negative work experience and her uncertain feelings for Yuta, she's genuinely worried that he'd be embarrassed to be seen with her.

In retrospect, one of the highlights of this episode was that Morioka's sudden plunge into her own insecurities in this moment, and Yuta's reaction, perfectly mirrored Yuta's earlier pledge to quit Fruits de Mer, and Moriko's reaction. Not only did the contrast illustrate their natural chemistry, it also underscored the show's affirmative message about the value of internet relationships and community.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

So freaking adorable and seeing them move their relationship beyond their game characters was just HNNNNNNNNNGG. Season 2 when?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:10 pm Reply with quote
d-d-DATEo! Do they really need the middleschooler reaction to that? they're both adults who have worked in the business world, even if they prefer games.

anyway, cute show, although I get a little tired of romance shows that end just as the main couple are getting together, would be nice to see their actual relationship too. I guess that's what the manga is for, will be checking that out.
michizure

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Reflections for the win, to the very end.

But, dang it: Lailah?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:18 am Reply with quote
Well, we still have the OVA next week to look forward to.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
The ending felt very incomplete and rushed! These two just started what could have been a funny and very awkward relationship. Oh well what is is!
UncleDrew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Thanks god this misery just ended within 10 episode
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Alright UncleDrew & Yazu13 I have removed all your recent posts. People can like or dislike a show without being attacked. End of story. If someone attacks you then you report them. You don't act equally as ignorant. That sort of conduct is not tolerated here. If either of you do it again, to each other or towards another user, you'll be placed on moderation.
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:50 am Reply with quote
I don't want this series to end Crying or Very sad

I enjoyed this whole thing way more than I thought I would going into it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 14