• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Yuki Yuna is a Hero Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:38 pm Reply with quote
^^
This would make sense. We'll have to see if there's anything in the upcoming episodes to substantiate that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WingKing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Recap episode or not, I have to admit I got a little emotional at seeing and hearing the season 1 OP again.
rinrinsama

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:21 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Read NoWaYu]
saber721

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:25 pm Reply with quote
One major detail not mentioned regarding hints of Mimori's disappearance. Right before the title card is shown, at around the 1:50-1:55 mark, there is a still shot of two photo's posted on the clubs blackboard. The one on the left is the same photo that was shown the very end of the first season, except with the notable absence of Mimori.

Also there seems to be translation error with amazon's subs regarding the cake. Although the subtitles have Karin asking Fu why she cut the cake into five pieces, earler in that scene the cake is clearly shown having been cut into six

Regarding the girl at the end of the episode, I do believe it is Mimori. The first hint is the flower symbol shown on the girls forehead, which is the exact same flower symbol used in the Mankai gauge(?) in Mimori's hero form and the same flower shown when Mimori activates her Mankai form.
The second hint is the strange, dark brownish symbol which appears on the girls left chest; it is quite noticeable when compared to the rest of the girls body. It appears in the exact same spot that Mimori's Mankai gauge appears in her hero form. I speculate it may be a seal of some sort, possibly symbolized by a burnt or withered flower in place of the Mankai gauge. (Which would explain the dark brown coloring)
LunaPrecure

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:20 am Reply with quote
Pretty sure that this upcoming arc will be the best. Wasshi’s fate is incredibly tragic and I’m curious to see how it all unfolds. Fingers crossed that we’ll get an anime adaptation of the spin-off soon!

On a brighter note, it’s really nice that Sonocchi is back to her old self. She’s such a sweetheart. (﹡´◡`﹡ )
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Mimori/Washio
Just an FYI: it should be "Mimori/Sumi" or "Tougou/Washio". You're mixing first and last names there. If you're going to do that, at least use "Tougou/Sumi" since that's the combination that's actually seen use.
LunaPrecure

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone on here playing the Japanese mobile game for Yuki Yuna?
NeoAnkara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:02 am Reply with quote
LunaPrecure wrote:
Is anyone on here playing the Japanese mobile game for Yuki Yuna?
I don't play it but I watch story translation on youtube.
Artesox

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:29 pm Reply with quote
https://i.imgur.com/AWJ4iw3.jpg

Well, guess we finally got the anime version Nogi Wakaba is a Hero. Laughing

And I still don't know what to think about this episode. Glad they didn't go with simple nudity for the out of body experience also REALLY glad Yuuna is finally in a situation where hiding things from her friends won't work. She spent the entirety of S1 getting away with that, even when people called her out like in Episode 6.

[But really, adapt NoWaYu, it's the best bit of the franchise.]

Edit: Yuuna's first few lines when in the core of the blackhole basically explain the ending of S1 and why she was not waking up. She has been there before, probably after touching the Leo Vertex's core with her bare hands.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also intriguing is one brief detail that a sacrifice like Mimori's was also done at the end of the “Christian era” – i.e., the time when the Shinjyu formed to close off this world. This is something that I don't think has been brought up before, and interviews included with the first physical release indicated that the staff tried to avoid irrelevant details and loaded episodes with foreshadowing, so this is almost certainly not an idle revelation. Finding out where it will lead is all part of the fun.

Read NoWaYu for the details on that.

Artesox wrote:

Man, I was so excited when that popped up in the opening. Then after watching the episode and going back for a closer look I noticed what was missing. I'm so damn pissed right now!

Anyways, at least the "Togo wasn't punished for her actions in season 1" thing can be put to rest.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
(Amazon's translation is wonky, as it mentions a “crime plan” but that term makes absolutely no sense.)
Yeah, she said hankō keikaku which was clearly meant to be either 反抗計画 (resistance plan) or 反攻計画 (counteroffensive plan), not 犯行計画 (crime plan). Either the translator had no script to work with and made the wrong call transcribing by ear, or they did get the script containing a mistake.
Artesox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Artesox wrote:

Man, I was so excited when that popped up in the opening. Then after watching the episode and going back for a closer look I noticed what was missing. I'm so damn pissed right now!

Look under Anzu, left of Tama. spoiler[Shadow in Japanese is Kage. So C-Shadow is not entirely forgotten]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:20 pm Reply with quote
It's not the same Sad
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:20 pm Reply with quote
does anything in the supplemental materials for this franchise indicate where they hell they are? The thought briefly crossed my mind back during season 1, but after this episode, I'm now wondering if they are inside of a giant mystical tree floating on the surface of the sun
Niello

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Seeing Sonoko explained the new system made me feel a bit disappointed. Now they aren't protected from dying and I don't think that's better than the previous system. Since Sonoko had already seen one of her friends died it's weird to see her so happy about it. Though the old system is definitely cruel, even someone who sacrificed so much like Sonoko was able to return to 100%. Why can't they pull that again? If they really want to improve the system, it makes more sense to build on the previous one instead of just changing how it all works. I'm not seeing why it can't be just be losing certain bodily functions for however many days, weeks or months after going Mankai, it's not like what get sacrificed are consistent in the first place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8