• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:53 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
It was hilarious because Phillip is a butler... voiced by Ono Daisuke... whom I had just seen earlier in the day at the Kuroshitsuji BotA event, LOL.

Before Phillip spoke, I was thinking what a devilishly fitting crossover it would've been if they could've had Sebastian be the assistant butler in Hellsalem's Lot. Then he opened his mouth and I just fell over laughing.

And I so wanted someone to at least give Gilbert a back brace! Those crunching sounds whenever he collapsed were excruciating. >,<
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:00 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Before Phillip spoke, I was thinking what a devilishly fitting crossover it would've been if they could've had Sebastian be the assistant butler in Hellsalem's Lot. Then he opened his mouth and I just fell over laughing.

Too bad he's not as... capable... as Sebastian. Anime hyper

(Was really hoping for an announcement at the Kuroshitsuji event but alas...)
Nyron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Beyond is definitely not as great as the first season, but all of its episodes have been good. I am not sure if episode 5 has been the best of the bunch, but I really liked it and made me feel the magic of season 1. I hope at least 5 of the last 7 episodes focus on the overarching story arc; I have had my fill of episodic material.

I hope they never introduce an overarching plot just so s1 fans will be sad and leave ys high iq watchers alone xd
Axbox360

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:44 am Reply with quote
Nyron wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
Beyond is definitely not as great as the first season, but all of its episodes have been good. I am not sure if episode 5 has been the best of the bunch, but I really liked it and made me feel the magic of season 1. I hope at least 5 of the last 7 episodes focus on the overarching story arc; I have had my fill of episodic material.

I hope they never introduce an overarching plot just so s1 fans will be sad and leave ys high iq watchers alone xd

Mabye the original creator of the manga himself was ok with an over arcing plot in season 1.
You never know. Wink
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Gabriella Ekens wrote:
Apparently he doesn't use this power too much, since he likes his body as it is.

Pretty sure he specifically said that his ability only kicks in to heal fatal injuries just enough to keep him alive, and that it doesn't heal him completely.
Or to put it another way, what?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Badcrazy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
XerBlade wrote:
Gabriella Ekens wrote:
Apparently he doesn't use this power too much, since he likes his body as it is.

Pretty sure he specifically said that his ability only kicks in to heal fatal injuries just enough to keep him alive, and that it doesn't heal him completely.
Or to put it another way, what?

I'd think of it as a bullet proof vest. The bullet will be stopped but he's not walking away perfectly fine afterwards.
notrogersmith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:45 pm Reply with quote
FWIW, so far I've found myself more engaged with the second season than the first, and I find it easier to follow. That seems to be an upside of the slightly slower pace.

Make of that what you will.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:09 am Reply with quote
notrogersmith wrote:
FWIW, so far I've found myself more engaged with the second season than the first, and I find it easier to follow. That seems to be an upside of the slightly slower pace.

Make of that what you will.

though considering that this season appears to be completely faithful towards the manga, unlike the end of season one, its a mood point.

hopefully, this season dont stray sway from the original source materials either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Ep 6,

I was wondering throughout the whole episode "What happened to Anila? Was she killed? Is she alive?" and they never mention her again lol. Checked the manga and it turns out she is alive, good, Libra has a shortage of women.
trilaan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't this "second seson" actually take place during the first season? I thought I had read that was the case. If so there have been no consequences with White/Black for Leo to learn from yet.
Valhern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I think the contradiction might have been a misreading from part of the subtitles? Rewatching that scene in particular in episode 1, I can tell Leo says something about his sister's legs, but I don't *think* he says that she "always" had that condition, it's around minute 14 if anyone who knows Japanese wants to confirm. Also, in the manga apparently this line isn't there either? So it's either a legit error from the show itself or the subs.

trilaan wrote:
Doesn't this "second seson" actually take place during the first season? I thought I had read that was the case. If so there have been no consequences with White/Black for Leo to learn from yet.

Not at all, since Leo has (in this episode alone) a flashback to when he called to White, repeating the same phrase Klaus said in the first episode of S1 (If you can take even one step towards the light...", and he also remembered White in episode 1 or 2. Not to mention, in the OP you can see White walking through the crowd right after Femto and Aligura's part, and also the photo of White, Leo and Black at the end of the ED. It's just that S1 just picked various chapters to adapt, and so does S2; you can tell that sometimes Zed is relevant to the story yet sometimes he's almost inexistent or just around.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Just how long is the manga for this anime? Anyone know?
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:11 am Reply with quote
This definitely felt like the weakest episode this season. No one noticed the bug coming in and exploding? Also, how could they not mention Alina again? :/

#844391 wrote:
Ep 6,

I was wondering throughout the whole episode "What happened to Anila? Was she killed? Is she alive?" and they never mention her again lol. Checked the manga and it turns out she is alive, good, Libra has a shortage of women.

Thank you.
Vanadise

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:59 am Reply with quote
Heck, not just this season; I'd go so far as to say that that was the weakest episode of BBB in its entirety so far. I was actually bored at several points during it. It's kind of funny how Gabriella spent much more time in her review talking about the anime-original bookend -- in which nothing interesting really happened -- than the main content of the episode.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:10 pm Reply with quote
What a great, fun episode! Sharp-eyed Nightow/Trigun fans will recognize the trench coat guy with the thin mustache as being the Gung-ho Gun, Leonof the Puppet-Master(manga version).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8