• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T.Silver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I have to say part of the review for ep 7 is inaccurate. Zapp wasn't forced to help get back the breather for Zed, he helped of his volition and it was Chain who linked up with Leo first, then Zapp jumped in since Leo was planning to go alone originally.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
My bet is that this season has changed things around to involve Leo more directly in however Michella lost her legs.

and that is what have me concerned. its the massive contradictions between the origin stories of leo and his sister makes me worried that they have completely abandoned the whole black/white arc. especially when this series is supposed to be faithful to the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:11 am Reply with quote
I have to say I was absolutely smitten with Chain's unorthodox entry to the episode. Seriously, standing on his lower eyelid with the toe of her boot. How do you top such an off-the-wall idea? Where does that even come from in your brain? Three seconds of screen time, but just stunningly creative. Not to mention hilarious. Very Happy

This, in a nutshell, is why I love BBB. &B.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:33 am Reply with quote
Good to see the show return to form this week =)
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:09 am Reply with quote
So Daniel Craig have rockets shooting out of his knees in the best Bond film, sounds more like a Moore film.
All-Seeing-Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:00 pm Reply with quote
It pains me to say it but this episode was actually really weak. Personally, I enjoyed Z's Longest Day (Part 1) because it's one of the funniest episodes of the series and still had some really cool scenes of Zapp, Steven, and KK. But this episode was just bland, BBB&B is not an anime where I should feel like the pace is stalling.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:26 am Reply with quote
Who voices the 2 aliens, they sound familiar.
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quote
I seem to be in the minority here, but i thought this was a really fun episode. It was good to see Brody & Hummer again and Leo and the super-manly bacteria made a hilarious team. Can't wait to see that second part. Smile
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Is the little alien who helps Leo, voiced by Tomokazu Sugita? I do not know where to loom up this sort of information, but he does sound like him.
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:23 pm Reply with quote
^It's Takehito Koyasu.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Now that's it's done I really got to ask why they made this arc into a two parts. The pace felt so much slower than the other episodes, easily enough to be resolve in one episode at the usual pace. It's also a strange choice, Leo friend just comes out of nowhere, same for the bad guys. The stakes really didn't feel that high, it wasn't a vampire or anything like that. It's just an odd choice and I would rather have gotten two 1 episode arc.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:37 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Now that's it's done I really got to ask why they made this arc into a two parts. The pace felt so much slower than the other episodes, easily enough to be resolve in one episode at the usual pace. It's also a strange choice, Leo friend just comes out of nowhere, same for the bad guys. The stakes really didn't feel that high, it wasn't a vampire or anything like that. It's just an odd choice and I would rather have gotten two 1 episode arc.

I have to agree. It felt like they tried to manufacture this relationship after the fact. Lot of still and panning shots this week. The animation wasn’t necessarily bad just very limited.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
^It's Takehito Koyasu.
Oh that explains it, I thought he sounded like someone from Gintama.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:37 am Reply with quote
I think I figured out who Sonic parents are ?

And you know it's true Cool Laughing
Theozilla

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Since the next episode is confirmed to be “Bratatat Mom” (Chapter 25, third chapter of Volume 9). That all but guarantees that the last two episodes will be adapting the rest of the Volume 10 content/story arc (since the the prologue chapters from Volume 10 were adapted into the opening scenes of this season’s sixth episode and the villain from the Volume 10 (which served as a partial climax for the series before it went on break and switched magazines) appears in the anime ED credits visuals). That leaves only two full chapters, specifically “The Outlaw Of Green"-(Chapter 16, third chapter of Volume 6 and apparently a Klaus focused story) and “Escape From Pain: Chain Reaction"-(Chapter 19, third chapter of Volume 7) and three x.5 chapters (which are unlikely to ever be adapted except for the 10.5. "Cherchez L'idole" one) from the original 10 Volume manga series/run.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8