• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
All things considered, it's a happy ending,

Hmm, since that sentence ended with a comma, I assume something got cut off? Because that was not what I'd call a happy ending. I mean, it was, until Riel got carried off, presumably to be eaten? Shocked

Oh Zapp, Zapp, when are you going to learn to keep your mouth shut and your hands to yourself? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Ep 10,

I like how this season gives more visibility on the side characters, we saw them in season 1 but never really went in depth into who they were. Being a mom and and part of an organization constantly saving the world is rough heh.

Since the next episode is a "part 1" I'm guessing we're going to be heading into the season finale, although since pretty much all the episodes this season were self contained for the most part I wonder if it's going to be really tense like last season or more light hearted.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I really liked and enjoyed episode 10. It was both sweet and bad ass. I had no idea K.K. had kids and a husband. I have not been nearly as enamored with Beyond like I was with season one, but episodes like this one are the reason why I really like this franchise; I think I will give episode 10 the full 5 stars.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:00 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I really liked and enjoyed episode 10. It was both sweet and bad ass. I had no idea K.K. had kids and a husband. I have not been nearly as enamored with Beyond like I was with season one, but episodes like this one are the reason why I really like this franchise; I think I will give episode 10 the full 5 stars.

Honestly, I prefer the episodic nature of the second season. I also prefer the direction this season. The first season was fast paced to a fault.
Zeino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Finally we get another episode that match the emotional content of the first season. Which don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying BBB&B greatly. It's just often feels a bit too much of wacky antics without being balanced by the sweet sentimentality that Rie Matsumoto brought to the table this season.

Ajc228 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Honestly, I prefer the episodic nature of the second season. I also prefer the direction this season. The first season was fast paced to a fault.
The lack of an overarching villain so far like the King of Despair might be a problem for the finale though.
einvaust

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 pm Reply with quote
i really don't know...why people complain about his second season, they already got adapt same on manga (not like 1st season)....try read the manga Kekkai Sensen - Mafuugai Kessha & Kekkai Sensen Back2Back .... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Gabriella Ekens wrote:
So Stephen is a “fang hunter,” which I guess is what Blood Breeds call the folks who try to hunt them down.

Yo, this isn't the first time a Blood Breed has used that term.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Ep 11,

Feels like this is the first episode this season that is actually pushing forward the MC's main plot. Interesting that the god's eyes are basically god's way of keeping tabs on world events, although given how powerful a being must be to be able to hand them out you would think it would be able to see everything without having to use other people.

One of the few episodes where you can definitely feel the stakes are high. Looking forward to next weeks ep.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:49 am Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
Ep 11,

Feels like this is the first episode this season that is actually pushing forward the MC's main plot. Interesting that the god's eyes are basically god's way of keeping tabs on world events, although given how powerful a being must be to be able to hand them out you would think it would be able to see everything without having to use other people.

One of the few episodes where you can definitely feel the stakes are high. Looking forward to next weeks ep.

my main concern is that they dont have leo go down the same path as black and made a deal with one of the elder 13 to help his sister or to get rid of his eyes. that could open up a serious can of worms that i dont want to get into right now.

Quote:
and Klaus (who still doesn't have his own episode this season dammit).

oh dont fret about that. the way this season is progressing, its possible that it might get the boku no hero academia treatment and get a 24 or 25 ep series. and if he does get his own ep, its more than likely it will be a reunion with that elder 13 blood breed he met in that underground arena while trying to save zapp.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
where are the reviews for episodes 11 and 12?
trilaan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:25 am Reply with quote
D00dleB0Y wrote:
where are the reviews for episodes 11 and 12?

No doubt withheld for a complete finale review.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:26 pm Reply with quote
So is this last arc another Anime-only story, or was it in the Manga. And talking about the Manga, is there any content left for another season?
aaa1e2r3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:59 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So is this last arc another Anime-only story, or was it in the Manga. And talking about the Manga, is there any content left for another season?

No, it's a story from the manga, they just added in the bits involving Black and White to the beginning and end of the two-parter.

One thing I'm surprised they left out was how Michella liked to make wheelchair jokes.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quote
aaa1e2r3 wrote:
One thing I'm surprised they left out was how Michella liked to make wheelchair jokes.

I think she made one when she arrived at the hotel.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:46 pm Reply with quote
aaa1e2r3 wrote:
No, it's a story from the manga, they just added in the bits involving Black and White to the beginning and end of the two-parter.

Really glad to see them do that again, like earlier in the season, acknowledging that that stuff happened too, along with the manga-based events. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8