• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Himōto! Umaru-chan R

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nate148

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:09 pm Reply with quote
translator's notes not just for fan translations anymore bad Amazon bad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I was happy to see the return of Kanau (Taihei's boss) and it was interesting to find out that she's the daughter of the CEO. Nepotism, much? Anyway, I'm rooting for her to snag Taihei but I'm not loving her chances.
GeorgH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Mavado wrote:
64BitRatchet wrote:
It's not streaming on Crunchyroll, it's streaming on Anime Strike.
I'm watching it on HiDive myself.

Lucky guy.

Hidive announced to stream the series in my country - but I get only
Quote:
THIS CONTENT IS NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW. *TEARS*
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Was a nice episode. But personally I wanted to see more about Kaihei and Kanau (did she do sosmething?). I don't think so.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I didn't rewatch the first season so I'm glad this review seems to clarify that the new girl is someone new and not from last season that I (and Umaru) forgot about. She did look familiar to me as well but I think it's just because her design resembles the stripping loli math genius character from Shomin Sample that I think aired around the same time as the first Himouto.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
stannisbaratheon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:44 am Reply with quote
The only thing that matters about this show is an exercise in cuteness. Nothing else matters, story, plot, comedy, character development, we come for ONE reason and ONE reason only and that's to watch Umaru roll around on the floor while we all go AWWWWWWWWWW. Everything else is irrelevant to me,
Saidah Gilbert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 am Reply with quote
I just realised something in the show: out of thefour girls, it's only Ebina who is still referred by her last name. All the others use their first names for each other. Even Ebina uses first names to refer to the others but they all call her by her last name. I wonder why that is?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:53 am Reply with quote
'Coz the others are jealous of her huge boobs!
Hades_ANI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I will admit that the googly-eyed little weirdo is starting to grow on me.

Ah, finally, I only waited and hoped for this moment. For me, I already liked her seeing her after seeing her the second time. She starts out similar to Umaru in S1, but it was rather obvious, that she will get a faster and better treatment for her development from a small brat to a likable and well integrated character. Also she helps the audience to see how Umaru is way fast in accepting things and persons and situations, she dislikes and how she is even nice to such a person, who theoretically only brings "harm" for Umaru.

And Yes, Kirie is great. Honestly, in the first season, I was a little bit annoyed by her and her master act, but in this season, she is a great character.
stannisbaratheon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:32 am Reply with quote
A big problem I have with Season 2 is that there is less Umaru than there is in season 1. Whatever happened to classic Umaru X Onii San antics like dividing up the room or the council of Umaru. Its way too focused on Ebina, Kirie, and Tachibana, which according to character ranking, Ebina and Kirie are ahead of Umaru so maybe its a smart choice to have the focus on them. But still, I was disappointed at the lack of Umaru compared to season 1
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
Should point out that Season 2 is now on HIDIVE: https://www.hidive.com/tv/himouto-umaru-chan-r
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2