• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Lists Releases for Morose Mononokean, Ace Attorney, Yamada-kun and the Seven Witche

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:51 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

The anime was mostly fine minus the fact it's animation was inconsistent and for some bizarre reason it didn't adapt "Rise From The Ashes". I think too many people had their standards set a bit too high eventhough to be honest the series is not something that was exactly high art to start with it's a good part of the reason Turnabout Big Top is regarded as the worse case in the franchise.

How many disappointed fans were expecting the anime to be like the American localization of the game though?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:12 am Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:

Rise From the Ashes is a bonus case that was added for the DS rerelease of the original Japan only GBA game. Not to say that they couldn’t have had it in the show if they wanted, but it’s not really part of the first game the way Western fans perceive it to be.

Except with Emma becoming a supporting character in the 2nd trilogy and even cameoing in the 3rd case to Gyakuten Kenji, Yomigaeru Gyakuten is officially the new canon after fact. And skipping over it just creates potentially a new can of worms if they ever wind up adapting the 4th game into an anime.

Guile wrote:

How many disappointed fans were expecting the anime to be like the American localization of the game though?

I couldn't honestly put a number to it but you did have people who after it was announced did expect the western names and such to be included...........in the subs which I know places like Crunchyroll did include in spite of how silly it looked.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Very smart choice for doing Berserk, Funi. I'm waiting for Keijo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3