• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Mr. Osomatsu Season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:01 am Reply with quote
Huh, I learned a new word today: empyreal. Who'd've ever thunk Osomatsu-san could be edumacational!

That was just an all-around hilarious episode. I love the spaghetti-western whistling thing they do whenever there's some ridiculous larger-than-life posing or pseudo-drama going on.

Quote:
I would love a follow-up to the VA commentary in the form of a live action behind the scenes special.

Your words to God's ear! I would've loved to see the seiyuu's reactions when they got the script and learned that they'd all been castrated! Which didn't exactly fit with the ending gag, but who cares? Smile And thanks for the link to the End of Year Special commentary. That was so much fun, and just makes me want to see a recording session/behind the scenes special all the more.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Another hilarious episode, especially the last segment. The random haka dance had me laughing out loud, as well as Totty's jab about Miyu going overseas. One can only imagine how much fun these guys have recording each week. I giggle just imagining Kamiya impersonating the other characters.

If you guys have the opportunity, definitely check out the video releases of the Osomatsu events. They are sooooooo funny.
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:44 pm Reply with quote
After being taken advantage of for so long, i was wondering what would finally make poor kind-hearted Chibita snap. That it was losing his last precious hair, was equal times poignant and funny.

So when the "horror movie" started, i was actually rooting for Chibita because as easy as it sometimes is to feel sympathy for a single Matsu, as soon as they are acting as a group, it usually brings out the worst in them (which is still hilarious most of the times, of course!). So yeah, i pretty much agreed with mom and dad there at the end. Very Happy
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:10 pm Reply with quote
This has to be my second favourite episode of season 2, it reminded me of that time in FMP Fumofu where they feed the caretaker his Koi fish and he sets about killing them.
Kiddo626

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I’m seeing so much hate for the Dekapan/Dayon skit in other forums, and I think I’m the only one who somewhat liked it. Even though there wasn’t much of a punchline, I still liked it. Laughing
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Part of me was hoping they'd go all-in and keep Michaelmatsu around for a few episodes, but that would probably violate the continuity-averse nature of the series.

Kiddo626 wrote:
I’m seeing so much hate for the Dekapan/Dayon skit in other forums, and I think I’m the only one who somewhat liked it. Even though there wasn’t much of a punchline, I still liked it. Laughing

I thought it was okay. I didn't like it as much as their road trip skit from season one, though.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
a place of limbo for wannabe (or discarded – do we really know?) Matsuno abominations

Do we really want to know? Shocked

I'm not knowledgeable enough to recognize the characters vying for a spot in a series, except for Ichigo and a couple of others looked really familiar. Smile

I didn't notice Totty was missing from the OP ending (I'm surprised he wasn't excised from the ED), but I did miss him sooner than the Jizou sketch. Thank you, Anne, for always pointing out the good stuff I miss. Smile Looking foward to the next cour!
Kiddo626

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:48 pm Reply with quote
God, this episode was brilliant! That Sanematsu sketch was depressing yet oddly poignant. It’s funny how they can make the weirdest things so emotionally moving sometimes. Laughing

Man, they’re really going all out to make Karamatsu the biggest asshole ever this season. Granted, he meant well here, but it’s still such a contrast from Season 1, it almost doesn’t feel like the same character to me. I like it, though.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:32 am Reply with quote
Has Viz Media said any more on the dub, was it not nearly half a year ago since they first mentioned it.
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote
This episode featured everything that makes this show so brilliant, from the feels to absolute (mean) hilarity. And i totally love the new ED!
Kiddo626

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:42 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Has Viz Media said any more on the dub, was it not nearly half a year ago since they first mentioned it.

Maybe they're waiting for Season 2 to end before announcing anything? Anime dazed
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 pm Reply with quote
This was easily one of the best episodes of the second season so far. Osomatsu's brand of dark, twisted non-humor is on full display in the first half, and the second was just hilarious, a classic example of the brothers at their best. Also, the new OP is pure disco-infused fire. New Osomatsu OP's are always a delight.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:50 am Reply with quote
Kiddo626 wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Maybe they're waiting for Season 2 to end before announcing anything? Anime dazed
So they can dub them back to back, that makes sense.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I was sad to see that none of them bothered to show up to taste Papa Matsu's ultimate ramen, and it was worse that knowing that would undoubtedly be the punchline made it not funny. I was also sad to see Kin-chan go, though I knew it must be so, but she was really great while she lasted. The round-table discussion of if, when or how to return her bra the first time was hilarious. She was truly too good to be true. Hell, even I wanted to hang out with her.

The saga of The Jar was perfect from beginning to end. Some things are just not meant to be opened. And the cab ride was fun too. I agree that her advice was good even if hypocritical.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:10 am Reply with quote
My favourite bit from the Kin-chan storyline has to be the clothes shopping segment, where the brothers criticize Kin-chan's choice of clothes in a frank yet friendly manner. While there hasn't been an exact equivalent of that scene involving the sextuplets and Totoko (or at least, not recently enough for it to be fresh in the viewers' memories?), you just know that if they were accompanying her on her shopping spree instead they would have just approved of all her choices no matter what they really thought of them. What's more, you just know that Totoko herself realizes that, even though none of this is explicitly stated either during the sequence itself or when she later reminisces on it. It's not like the show has never been subtle before, but that was still a very welcome bit of restraint and empathetic visual storytelling.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6