• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Deadly Sins Ranks #4 Among Netflix Shows Most Watched Within 24 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddy564

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear it. I’ve actually been binging it myself these past few days. I watched the series when it originally aired in Japanese but I wanted to see the English dub and I’m not disappointed.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
Mark this under the column of “Actually, quite a bit of fans watch it on Netflix”

We will find out when the next season airs weekly in japan. Will all the people that watched the first season in netflix wait at least three months (because they want to binge or hate subtitles) or will they start to look somewhere else? When the first season debuted in Netflix it came out of nowhere to non-anime fans, but that will no longer be the case next year.

In my case shounen shows usually bore me and disappoint me, but in the case of 7 Deadly Sins it was a refreshing, good quality title that I enjoyed watching on Netflix. I have expectations for the second season, but I will wait to watch it dubbed on Netflix (if they have it of course).

I was going to pirate Violet Evergarden in protest and because I don't want to wait, but I am changing my mind. I prefer instant gratification, but I think I can wait for a couple of Netflix shows every season, especially if they are truly original, not available on Japanese tv, shows.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:58 pm Reply with quote
TasteyCookie wrote:
If anything, this should show Netflix that anime fans want to watch shows IMMEDIATELY. They want to watch it as soon as it's available, hence being #4 on this list. Now imagine how fast they would watch it if it were available even earlier... you know like the same day as Japan...
I'm not sure that really makes sense, if Seven Deadly Sins is the fourth most binge-watched series out of all of their originals, what reason would Netflix have to change things? It seems like the route they took is doing the show pretty well, If anything it makes it seem like those who want it simulcasted are a vocal minority.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:41 am Reply with quote
You'd think Netflix got extra money the faster people watch their shows! I really, really hate the binge model!
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
No objections here. It's a damn fine anime. Perfect blend of comedy, action, little bit of drama, and great animation
EricJ2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
You'd think Netflix got extra money the faster people watch their shows! I really, really hate the binge model!

The imaginary thrill of Bingeing is sort of like the delusionally-imaginary "Watching Ironically" concept discussed in the other thread:

Millennials are so happy that "Their" Internet has freed their generation from weekly broadcast schedules of their parents' 70's and 80's (remember when people watched variety shows and sitcoms, that had theme songs?), and they can get all their shows without having to wait a week for them, they'll watch them all in one sitting, so there!
While the networks, of course, have no idea they're doing it in the sheltered privacy of their own living room, let alone why, and just think that Stranger Things must be super-popular for some reason.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Too bad Little Witch Academia couldn't be included on this list, since it was impossible to binge the whole season due to the further delayed second half.

Yeah that is too bad. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:07 am Reply with quote
As much as I want it to prosper, this would mean more people would find out about Meliodas and complain about him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2