• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Black Clover

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
UncleDrew wrote:
İm not here asking a question but there are 104 messages in this topic as of right now and comparing other animes which are "unexpectedly good","cliche" and ones that nobody literally gives a flying fudge but they are actually good; yet people criticise an anime as much as there would be 104 posts... You people are hilarious nothing to say, im just gonna sit in this corner with my chair and giggle till you go and then i will have a biiiiig laugh for everything you did on internet because that was thanks to people who embraced such a technology otherwise you wouldn't be able do all those things flatter yourself and discharge your meaningless stress.

Thank you

What the fudge are you talking about? Confused

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
UncleDrew wrote:
İm not here asking a question but there are 104 messages in this topic as of right now and comparing other animes which are "unexpectedly good","cliche" and ones that nobody literally gives a flying fudge but they are actually good; yet people criticise an anime as much as there would be 104 posts... You people are hilarious nothing to say, im just gonna sit in this corner with my chair and giggle till you go and then i will have a biiiiig laugh for everything you did on internet because that was thanks to people who embraced such a technology otherwise you wouldn't be able do all those things flatter yourself and discharge your meaningless stress.

Thank you

What the fudge are you talking about? Confused

He might have posted in the wrong forum.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Ep 11,

Isn't a black market illegal, why are there so many knights doing business there, there was even the one guy sent to catch a thief. What illegal market calls in the law enforcement to stop crimes? That's like drug makers calling the police to tell them to stop kids from stealing their product.

Granted this is a world where some nobles seem to think it's their duty to kill citizens (who pay taxes and are a part of the economy) because they're powerless. So knights keeping crime down in illegal markets isn't too far fetched.
Mertal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:48 pm Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
Ep 11,

Isn't a black market illegal, why are there so many knights doing business there, there was even the one guy sent to catch a thief. What illegal market calls in the law enforcement to stop crimes? That's like drug makers calling the police to tell them to stop kids from stealing their product.

Granted this is a world where some nobles seem to think it's their duty to kill citizens (who pay taxes and are a part of the economy) because they're powerless. So knights keeping crime down in illegal markets isn't too far fetched.

Not gona spoil who the Granny that got ripped off really is, but if this individual is there, this market is pretty much protected. You will see on the next Ep.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Ep 12,

Havn't read the manga but they were telegraphing everything pretty obviously. Rich boy has a grudge against yuno, requested him as a bodyguard, found out where his home was, had the bandits attack him and since that failed he'll have them attack the village. Hopefully Yuno is smart enough to realize this and just hasn't given it away that he knows, I don't like it when smart characters fall for really obvious traps.

They could have avoided the whole situation. The knight they had with them should have just insisted on continuing to their destination (he is a noble too after all), they were hired to protect him on a direct route, not to go sightseeing, and they could always say that the guy's safety is paramount and ignore his requests. But plot demands bad decisions so here we are.
myskaros

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
Ep 12,

Havn't read the manga but they were telegraphing everything pretty obviously. Rich boy has a grudge against yuno, requested him as a bodyguard, found out where his home was, had the bandits attack him and since that failed he'll have them attack the village. Hopefully Yuno is smart enough to realize this and just hasn't given it away that he knows, I don't like it when smart characters fall for really obvious traps.

They could have avoided the whole situation. The knight they had with them should have just insisted on continuing to their destination (he is a noble too after all), they were hired to protect him on a direct route, not to go sightseeing, and they could always say that the guy's safety is paramount and ignore his requests. But plot demands bad decisions so here we are.

Actually filler :v this mission wasn't even in the manga except mentioned in passing later.

That said, I actually would have been totally on board with this filler except that it's going to eat into next week's episode too, which just further delays the next mission for no discernible reason :/ if it had just lasted this half episode and let things proceed next week, it would've been great, get a quick glimpse at Yuno and some Golden Dawn wizards.

It's just really... so mysterious why they're afraid of progressing and decide to instead risk losing some of their audience this early in the show. Manga readers know it's filler and get frustrated when there's no progress, but newcomers also haven't really been shown much spectacle yet to really get into the show. It's almost like the anime production team doesn't trust that the source material is interesting on its own.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Well, I haven't read the manga and I'm fine with the pace that things are happening at. We haven't seen Yuno for a while so it was good to be back with him. This is pure speculation on my part, but I think Salim Hapshass might be the Wizard King in disguise, testing Yuno.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
It's just really... so mysterious why they're afraid of progressing and decide to instead risk losing some of their audience this early in the show. Manga readers know it's filler and get frustrated when there's no progress, but newcomers also haven't really been shown much spectacle yet to really get into the show. It's almost like the anime production team doesn't trust that the source material is interesting on its own.

Director of the anime is friends with the animators in Fate/Apocarypha. He tweeted a few weeks ago that they'll be joining the team once they're done with their show so it's possible he's slowing down the pace and wait for them to handle the action scenes.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
myskaros wrote:

Director of the anime is friends with the animators in Fate/Apocarypha. He tweeted a few weeks ago that they'll be joining the team once they're done with their show so it's possible he's slowing down the pace and wait for them to handle the action scenes.

Oh, while that sucks in many ways for viewers (who stuck with it since the start) that makes a fair amount of sense. I wouldn't be surprised about that at all, and that we could see less filler starting up after a situation like this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:48 am Reply with quote
That makes no sense. "We're going to delay all the cool moments of this show which is supposed to be a major hit so that a friend of mine can loan me some of his talent so that we can actually make those bit scenes really good". From a fan perspective it's bad because we're getting filler when we don't need to and from a business perspective it looks bad because you're compromising the hype of the series and it looks like you're admitting that your current team can't handle the project without help. Given how they've added random filler to their past series I think it's just a thing the studio does.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:11 am Reply with quote
Studio Pierrot is currently being heavily overworked and they have absolutely no staff to spare. The director also tweeted saying he's trying to recruit more animators in twitter which means the series is running behind schedule and they're understaffed. In that kind of situation it makes perfect sense to wait for the Fate/Apocarypha animators handle big moments instead of outsourcing the episodes to other studios like it's doing right now.
myskaros

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
Studio Pierrot is currently being heavily overworked and they have absolutely no staff to spare.

Almost makes me hope the series fails so that studios maybe stop overworking their employees and hire the right amount of people to properly handle shows in the future :/

Getting a half-assed product because companies are too obsessed with making money over entertaining fans, when they're in the entertainment business, and rush into projects they're not ready to handle is disappointing.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:
Studio Pierrot is currently being heavily overworked and they have absolutely no staff to spare.

Almost makes me hope the series fails so that studios maybe stop overworking their employees and hire the right amount of people to properly handle shows in the future :/

Getting a half-assed product because companies are too obsessed with making money over entertaining fans, when they're in the entertainment business, and rush into projects they're not ready to handle is disappointing.

Yeah it's a shame because I thought the production committees would learn after one of Pierrot's staff died from overworking when Production I.G outsourced Welcome to Ballroom's episode 2 to them. Turns out they just don't care.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:32 pm Reply with quote
No wonder they're overworked, looking at their projects and they're doing boruto at the same time as black clover (both of which are long running series) and they're also doing the next tokyo ghoul series which is coming out april next year, which means they're at least starting work on that as well right now. big load for a single studio to take on.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:10 am Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
No wonder they're overworked, looking at their projects and they're doing boruto at the same time as black clover (both of which are long running series) and they're also doing the next tokyo ghoul series which is coming out april next year, which means they're at least starting work on that as well right now. big load for a single studio to take on.

too much if you ask me. its why most of their works in the past end up being extremely half assed at best and completely atrocious at worst!

is there a way the could at least pass on the other projects to other studios? so that at least they can focused on the ones that are ongoing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 25