• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Black Clover

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:51 am Reply with quote
I'm enjoying the manga and I probably won't get around to watching any time soon, but I'm wondering how Asta's voice/VA is doing? Is it still ear grating or has it improved in these 30 some odd episodes?
Sam Leach

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:55 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I'm enjoying the manga and I probably won't get around to watching any time soon, but I'm wondering how Asta's voice/VA is doing? Is it still ear grating or has it improved in these 30 some odd episodes?

I would say he's gotten considerably less grating, but it's possible I've just gotten used to it.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:31 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

Either the VA or the Voice Director has learned to tone it down. They, like all jokes so far in this series, beat it to death in the first few episodes it happened. Asta's still a yeller, though most Shounen boy protags are TBH, but it's been less loud and less frequent since the start.

Though if the voice bothers you I've heard the dub is a great way to watch it as well and I think it's only Two weeks delayed.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:07 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
I'm starting to think that someone is holding Sam's family members hostage. Razz

i had that same feeling as well. its all pointing towards THAT!

Quote:
Nonetheless, this is still a Gauche-themed arc, and by the end of the episode he's returning to the battlefield, now with an added magic boost he received from Theresa, the children, and one of the arc's original bad guys.

considering what happened to gauche in the past, don't be surprised AT ALL if that crybaby man-child ALSO ends up becoming a member of the black bulls to repent for his crimes just like him. that would definitely make things awkward!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CookieXL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:26 am Reply with quote
I felt the hype seeing my two favorite villains, Raia and Vetto make an entrance in anime form. Very Happy, but i find it weird why they changed Raia's hair color from black to brown. Confused
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Another pretty good episode, I love this arc cause it's always ramping up, every time you think we're reaching the end the author just throws more stuff on the pile but in a good way. Like I saw someone else say, it's like a WWE match that was overbooked and has five run-ins.

The Third Eye are all pretty cool, I like Fana and Raia, Vetto is my least favorite. I was SHOCKED they teased the Licht flashback with Gauche tie so blatantly, that's stuff that wasn't revealed in the manga till like 2 months ago.

Also side note, for a long time scanlators were reading/translating Raia as Liar, it was only recently we got the confirmed name spelling. (though it might also be spelt Ryha?)

Also for once the anime isn't overplaying a joke, Fana saying "I hate X" alot is in the manga too, all she talks about is how she hates things.

Two other notes, First Raia's hair's always been black, it was like that on cover pages two. Second I found it curious that for all the crap Gauche as gotten recently from Anime viewers he placed 8th in the popularity poll that just released, so seems people like him more in the manga , probably cause his character isn't ruined by overplaying the same joke 20 times
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:57 am Reply with quote
I was nervous about the animation in the first half but it really picked up in the second.

I like Charlotte, I like her dumb crush on Yami and how it's kinda like their older Asta and Noelle, though at least Charlotte acknowledges that she has feelings and when it's explained later the reason she has that crush makes sense and ties in with her being a Sleeping Beauty homage.

Also like Charlotte mentiones in Petite Clover, Yami is 28 even though he looks nearly 40.

I too can't help but wonder, how does Nozel get his hair like that?

I wanted to mention recently the manga announced popularity poll results The top ten in Japan were

1. Asta
    2. Yami
    3. Yuno
    4. Luck
    5. Julius (Magic Emperor)
    6. Fugoleon
    7. A Character not in the anime yet but she's great you'll love her
    8. Gauche
    9. Noelle
    10. Nozel

Other interesting notes from the Japanese poll include

Finral at 11

Gordon at 12

Charmey at 14

Vanessa at 16

Grey and Seeke (Bahaha guy) tied for 20th

Rebecca got 22 despite almost never appearing since the stuff currently happening in the anime.

Magna came at 23, the lowest of any of the Black Bulls. (not counting a certain character who only appeared in like once small set of chapters right before the poll ran.)

In the US Poll it was

1. Yami
    2. Asta
    3. Noelle
    4. Yuno
    5. Finral
    6. A Character from the manga (Different than the one that made the Japanese top ten)
    7. Julius
    8. Luck
    9. Mimosa (She was 13th in Japan BTW)
    10. Charmy

I always like looking at these poll results cause it tells you who people like and who might get more push in the future as a result.
SAG4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:30 pm Reply with quote
The manga will have even more characters with love interest. It will not stop here.
For many this is the bow where Black Clover begins to grow in quality. But I always had fun reading the previous arches, since the second chapter, the first was very weak. I immediately bought the uncompromising adventure climate. My favorite bow is the invasion in the capital.
There is no doubt that the manga provides more entertainment than the anime, that said ...
About the episode, it was good. As I read the manga I do not have much to comment on, just that the next two episodes will be very good.
Gauche has grown a lot in personality in this bow, he becomes much more friendly from here. And in the water temple has the best villain of the manga so far, it will surprise greatly. He is the villain who proves that strength of friendship does not exist in Black Clover.
Well ... In some moments one or another person may think that he had the power of friendship, anyway I'm looking forward to the next episodes. The next bow must adapt part of the first novel, I'm curious to know how it will be.

Snakebit1995 wrote:
I always like looking at these poll results cause it tells you who people like and who might get more push in the future as a result.

So much so that I did not expect this focus on Luck currently in the manga. I did not know he was so dear to japanese fans.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:42 am Reply with quote
SAG4 wrote:
The manga will have even more characters with love interest. It will not stop here.
For many this is the bow where Black Clover begins to grow in quality. But I always had fun reading the previous arches, since the second chapter, the first was very weak. I immediately bought the uncompromising adventure climate. My favorite bow is the invasion in the capital.
There is no doubt that the manga provides more entertainment than the anime, that said ...
About the episode, it was good. As I read the manga I do not have much to comment on, just that the next two episodes will be very good.
Gauche has grown a lot in personality in this bow, he becomes much more friendly from here. And in the water temple has the best villain of the manga so far, it will surprise greatly. He is the villain who proves that strength of friendship does not exist in Black Clover.
Well ... In some moments one or another person may think that he had the power of friendship, anyway I'm looking forward to the next episodes. The next bow must adapt part of the first novel, I'm curious to know how it will be.

Snakebit1995 wrote:

So much so that I did not expect this focus on Luck currently in the manga. I did not know he was so dear to japanese fans.

I'm afraid that any love interest will be as slow as with the original naruto. and in asta's case, its even worse with his stupid and senseless infatuation over sister lily.

the only way he will get any talk on that category is if the series ends up giving her and the old priest the axe! GARO VANISHING LINE STYLE!!!!!!!!

Quote:
but the show tries to give the squad captains more personality by making fun of Noelle's asshat brother's hair and revealing that Charlotte Roselei has a tsundere crush on Yami. The staggering number of lovestruck women in this series continues to be alarming. It's so aggressive.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

just how the hell did that happened!?

from the start of the royal capital arc, the series pretty much have roselei as a massive man hating lesbian type and if she did had a tsundere crush, it's usually with another woman ala danmachi's lefiya or bleach's soi fon since those two are prime examples of men hating lesbians who go into complete tsundere mode when their love interests show up! but REALLY!? YAMI OF ALL PEOPLE!?

their definitely needs to be a filler flashback ep to explain this!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:41 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

Quote:
but the show tries to give the squad captains more personality by making fun of Noelle's asshat brother's hair and revealing that Charlotte Roselei has a tsundere crush on Yami. The staggering number of lovestruck women in this series continues to be alarming. It's so aggressive.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

just how the hell did that happened!?

from the start of the royal capital arc, the series pretty much have roselei as a massive man hating lesbian type and if she did had a tsundere crush, it's usually with another woman ala danmachi's lefiya or bleach's soi fon since those two are prime examples of men hating lesbians who go into complete tsundere mode when their love interests show up! but REALLY!? YAMI OF ALL PEOPLE!?

their definitely needs to be a filler flashback ep to explain this!!!

It's not for a bit but Charlotte's crush is explained in a pretty honest way, again I'll preface by saying her briar magic and backstory all allude to the fact that she's Sleeping Beauty from the Fairy Tales.

Basically the story is this for her backstory spoiler[At some point a evil woman cursed House Roselie, the curse would activate on "The girl" AKA Charlotte's 18th birthday swallowing up the house and trapping them "In a cage of time.". Charlotte swore to get strong enough to break her curse and save her family so as to not make her parents feel bad, she had no use for men who could not best her in battle as she wanted to succeed and save her family with her own power and not have to depend on others. But she wasn't strong enough and when she turned 18 thorns and vines began to enwrap not just her family's home but the whole city. But when she was finally giving up and losing hope Yami cut through the vines (He was planning to scold her since the overgrowth knocked over his lunch). Charlotte was ashamed that he of all people saw her in such a weak state but he simply scolded her because despite the calm collected demeanor she showed in battle and being a strong woman (Which he says he likes) she didn't just ask for help from him or other strong magic knights. The method to break the curse on her house is then revealed to be "Have a man steal her heart" though even she is embarrassed that it's someone as gruff as Yami the fact that he broke her curse assures her that he is her fated match."]

Long story short if you don't wanna read/see the spoiler, Yami is the Prince Charming to Charlotte's Sleeping Beauty.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Editor and or Sam whoever sees this first

Kaiser isn’t the Purple Orca captain...Gueldre Poizot is And Uhh...spoiler[Gueldre is supposed to be revealed as the traitor next episode so the fact he gets replaced is a bit of a spoiler Kaiser doesn’t become the captain till the arc or two after this current material][/spoiler]
Sam Leach

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:27 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Editor and or Sam whoever sees this first

Kaiser isn’t the Purple Orca captain...Gueldre Poizot is And Uhh...spoiler[Gueldre is supposed to be revealed as the traitor next episode so the fact he gets replaced is a bit of a spoiler Kaiser doesn’t become the captain till the arc or two after this current material][/spoiler]

Ah, yes. The joy of double checking names via a Wiki. :'D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:08 am Reply with quote
I should point out to the reviewer that William Vengeance does not use light magic, he uses world tree magic, we initially saw him use it during the exams when he made a giant tree which produced the brooms all the students were trying to fly on.

Yami even says during their conversation that Vengeance probably isn't Licht because he doesn't use light magic, even though everything else about his is suspicious. In the black clover world it's considered impossible to have two types of magic.
SAG4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I found it quite funny the pie competition, I learned that it was a special chapter released I think in the magazine Next. With highlight to the scene of the Luck fattening without eating anything, I thought "what kind of joke is this? '' lol
In addition, the captains' meeting is nice, but the end is the interesting part. I do not understand why Pierrot did not adapt exactly as it is in the manga, Julius asks who the traitor is, and the two of Eye of the Midnight Sun say '' The traitor is ... '', it would look much better.
But it was a good episode, with a very good comedy. I think having read the manga, and being more connected with the characters, makes the comedy more funny.
SAG4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Speaking about your review of the previous episode, I disagree with the 'B', because besides mentioning you like the flashback of Yami, made clear what is missing for BC history to be completed is 3 more magic stones, and one of them is already in possession of the Black Bull that was caught by Nero in the first mission of Asta. That is, there are two left. This is very little considering that the manga is of a genre that tends to drag on.
The other point to have an '' A '' is that the traitor was not who most thought simply because William has a mask and looks like a villain, it is exactly for that purpose that the author of BC drew it like that. The clues about who the traitor are on the table, only three of them can be Rhya.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 25