• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: King's Game The Animation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

Agreed. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but besides that one girl threw herself out a window before she found out she just had to confess to her crush, hasn't the punishment always been death?
This kind of scenario could have had interesting games and interesting punishments, instead it's just a race to see how fast everyone can be killed off.

Technically Nobuaki's friend having sex with Chiemi was a punishment resulting from the election thing, because of that same girl throwing herself out a window and being unable to complete her own punishment
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
EP 11

Well I knew the moment they didn't show the ending of Nobuaki's first game that they were going to show it near the end of the 2nd and my guess was right. They changed how it ended from the original but I think this was better. Half of them are getting their comeuppance both the good and the bad. Its finally over next week and just 2 days before Christmas Eve no less. Cant wait to see everyone's reaction to how it ends assuming nothing gets changed
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:28 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Covnam wrote:

Agreed. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but besides that one girl threw herself out a window before she found out she just had to confess to her crush, hasn't the punishment always been death?
This kind of scenario could have had interesting games and interesting punishments, instead it's just a race to see how fast everyone can be killed off.

Technically Nobuaki's friend having sex with Chiemi was a punishment resulting from the election thing, because of that same girl throwing herself out a window and being unable to complete her own punishment

What I would like to know about that sequence of events was why the King drastically upped the ante on the punishment. The punishment for the girl was that she had to confess to her crush, but when it transferred because of her death, it turned into sex. About all I can come up with is the story is more concerned with shock value than sense.
AholePony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I gave this week's episode an extra ½ star for the kick in the balls. That was so meta, obviously a reference to what this show has done to it's viewers on a weekly basis. 1.5/10 stars this week! The end is near!
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Ep 12

Yep it ended the same way as the manga but that To Be Continued sign though lol. It would be better if they just animated the prequel or Natsuko's first game instead although there really is an actual prequel to this
Key

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, if I had any doubt about picking this series as the worst of the season (and maybe the whole year), that heavenly scene erased it. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I dropped this around the 3rd or 4th episode, but kept reading the reviews, and I just wanted to give a shout-out to Christopher for his wonderfully entertaining reviews. He actually made me go watch a couple of episodes (the girl-on-fire one and the finale) just to see the wreckage with my own eyes. Laughing Bravo, well done!
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I found the ending to be doubly pointless. Not only did the ultimate solution make their survival attempts futile, it didn’t even end the King’s Game!
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:06 pm Reply with quote
The ending part was changed with the intent to make the story continue and the heaven part didn't even happen in the original. Seven should just stick to what its good at...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5