• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Anime Genre Trends of 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
It's very fascinating comparing the summer lists. Here's most anticipated at ANN and compared that to now. We have shows that were most anticipated that dropped in rank, dropped out of the list completely, and the inverse of all that. The only title that was consistent was New Game. Laughing

I still can't believe NTR was number 8 for most anticipated. The title alone already told you what kind of garbage fire it was gonna be and people still voted for it. I haven't completely lost faith since made in abyss came out on top even though it was on pretty much no ones radar.

Kakegurui was consistent too. Just one spot off.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:54 pm Reply with quote
trilaan wrote:
I'm down for more Isekai shows(add a physical transformation and more playing with gender like Tanya the Evil and I'll be in my particular fandom Heaven).

There are plenty of older isekai shows with female leads. Magic Knight Rayearth, The Twelve Kingdoms, Fushigi Yuugi, Escaflowne... Until recently, I'd say female leads were more common in the genre.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
Could someone quote specific sub-vs.-dub examples, to help illustrate the argument for us bystanders who aren't angry core-fans?
I read "Funimation rewriting things their way" and it just flashes back all those Sgt. Frog demons; I can't believe the MKDM dub could ever be that bad....Er, could it? Anime smile + sweatdrop
The quick one is when Lucoa shows up in a tracksuit in Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: the original continues the jokes of her not understanding the reason why people have a trouble with her barely wearing anything while Funi rewrote the script to have her blaming the patriarchy. There's also a far more involved example from My First Girlfriend is a Gal.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:09 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
I still can't believe NTR was number 8 for most anticipated. The title alone already told you what kind of garbage fire it was gonna be and people still voted for it.

People voted for it because of that name.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Strange there was no mention of Attack on Titan in the post-apocalyptic section, since it returned in 2017 and has another season next year.
trilaan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:

There are plenty of older isekai shows with female leads. Magic Knight Rayearth, The Twelve Kingdoms, Fushigi Yuugi, Escaflowne... Until recently, I'd say female leads were more common in the genre.

Yes, but my particular boat needs a male-to-female transformation to float.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4