• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Screening rights for university anime club

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TD912

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:12 am Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I've been trying to find info about screening rights for anime clubs. I'm well aware of Crunchyroll's outreach program, which is a really easy way to get access to a huge library of shows.

Does anybody have experience with trying to legally screen shows from Amazon's Anime Strike? I know many of the new shows on there are from Sentai, so should I send an email over to them? Or would I have to go through Amazon first? I'd assume Amazon customer service would probably not have a clue about what I am talking about.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote
When I reached out back when AB was still an active club, most companies didn't really seem to care. The only real limitations requested by certain companies dealt with not charging for viewing (obviously) and some did not want us to show EVERY episode of a title.

A few even sent us promo and preview materials which I believe some companies still do.

To be honest a local Anime club is such a small dot on their radar unless your charging for viewing or showing to massively large audiences you probably don't need to worry.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quote
I'd ask Sentai. They're more likely to respond than Amazon and be better informed about the licensing arrangements. Yours is probably not the first such request they have received, either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1